So im in highschool, and im in a Metal influenced rock band. We can get a few local gigs per year (our towns Battle of the Bands, High School Talent Show, local music school, and local church)... my question is how do we expand and get to play at other places. Would the thing to do be make a myspace and post music on that and look for other local artists our age in our area and ask them if they need a band to open?
Try talking to other local bands and promoters and see what venues the other bands play at and see if the promoters can get you a show somewhere.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
and local church)...

Wait Whut ?!

and im in a Metal influenced rock band.

How the hell did you do that ?
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
its much tougher cause your underage, so bars may be a little lenient to have you since your friends cant drink...therefore make them money...but I'd still talk to anyone and everyone whose played around there, asking never hurts...myspace will help at least prove your worthy of a gig
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
its much tougher cause your underage, so bars may be a little lenient to have you since your friends cant drink...therefore make them money...but I'd still talk to anyone and everyone whose played around there, asking never hurts...myspace will help at least prove your worthy of a gig

I think the word you're looking for may be reluctant or hesitant.

Anyway, this is a problem you're going to have being underage. But as mentioned before talk to everyone you can and find out how they got gigs. You need to let people know you're out there and ready to play.