Page 1 of 7
Everybody know's the stereotypical band member types, like the arrogant singer, lazy bass player, ect... but my band seems to break those stereotypes. What are your band members like? I'll start.

Lead Guitar - Funny, kinda a pyro, his work gets in the way when it comes to practices.

Rythem Guitar (me) - Funny, wants to practice lots, laid back

Bass - Kinda a jerk, always plays when were counting in (1, 2, 3-he plays something), annoying

Singer - The good looking one in the band, shy

Drummer - Never plays drums unless we are playing our songs (which is a godsend), contributes ideas but is pretty quiet and laid back
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Last edited by xEpidemicx at Dec 1, 2008,
Me-Drunk and/high. Unmotivated, like to stop in mid song.
Drummer-Drunk and/or high. Just likes to jam.
Bass-Whoever we find to fill in is drunk and/or high
Last edited by Toker420 at Dec 1, 2008,
my drummer writes most of our songs
me (guitar) and my other guitarist are just plain fvcking wierd
and our bassist quit today but he was always 'lets have a band pratcice' but when it came to it he was 'i have too much work'. silly ****
and our old lead singer was a dickhead, so we called teh band bad hair day to take the piss out of his hair

and thus concludes the wether report for today
my band members are stereotypes ...
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
lead guitar (me) - uptight, perfectionist a little unmotivated
rhythm guitar - can be uptight, attempted motivator, solid player
singer - shy, kinda dumb but harmless
bassist - kinda sullen, unmotivated (more than me)

EDIT: in between drummers
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Lead guitar (me): funny, laid back
Rhythm guitar: cool, likes to get on with the music
Bass: cool contributes loads.
Drums: Tit, plays non stop even when were not playing
Lead Guitar - Shy, excellent player (thats why he is lead) very dedicated
Rhythm Guitar/Vocals (me) - Lazy, vocal about my opinions, usually high as poo
Bass/Vocals - This guy would pecker slap an old woman in front of a cop for five bucks or a blunt. F-ing nuts. Oh yeah, very solid bass player on the side
Drummer - Our old one decided to sell his drums for beer money. We are lookin for a new one...
Guitar- alcoholic and hard to get to practice because he studies a lot
Vocals/keys- very strange dude, ridiculously talented.
Bass (me)- very motivated, annoying with effects and I'm not good at holding my liquor.
Drums- quiet girl, so talented it should be illegal, member of two other bands.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
singer and bass: not too great singer, have no expression when playing... probably just bass soon.
lead guitar: laid back, lots of emotion, funny
lead guitar (me): laid back, funny, lot of expressions
guitar: funny, likes to have fun
drummer: laid back, cool
My Gear
Electrics - Ibanez RG370DX
Acoustics - Takamine EG510SC, Victoria Classic
Pedals - Ibanez WD7, Marshall ED1, Digitech DF7, Boss AC3, Marshall RG1, Digitech XDD
Amplifiers - Laney HCM15R, Roland Micro Cube
My drummer is pretty timid and self-degrading. He's a good, solid drummer with no frills (and relatively few fills), but he doesn't see it like that.

I'm an arrogant visionary, and therefore a dictator. Which probably explains why we don't have a bass player!

We don't have a hammond organ player, but that's more to do with the fact that hammond organ players are comparatively rare, rather than the fact that I'm a complete c*nt!
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Dec 1, 2008,
Me - Lead Guitarist: has funny moments, strives for improvement, doesnt take screw ups easy. almost expects same instrument devotiation as self...

Bass guitar: Funny man of group, sometimes huge ego that gets in way. Lazy in terms of learning his parts and improving on playing (also likes to stop playing mid song..)

Drummer: Just wants to get stuff done and get out, doesnt like wasting time - sick humor(laughs at others expense more than anything)

Singer/Rhythm guitar: Accepts mistakes as "crowd wont notice" perspective, doesnt want to learn actual guitar but just songs on guitar, thinks anyone who wants things different than him are defiant and dont trust his judgement..

Chick singer - Doesnt mind alot of stuff, expects rest of band to find songs for her to sing or to do stuff for her.
Last edited by ehlert99 at Dec 1, 2008,
i've got like every race in my band...

vocalist- (latino.) has a roady walker complex and loves to piss all of us off for fun, but can scream like a mo fo.

guitarist- (arab.) laid back, real cool, helps writes alot of riffs. sound like a very big black man over a microphone. lol

drummer- (polish)retarted, stoner, has what he believes are "cool" ideas and every time we try them, they fail epiclly. and never has any idea what a note is.

DJ/back up vocals- (white)cool dude. kinda new to playing in a band. short tepered. but laid back.

bassist-(asian)(ME!) i write most if not all the guitar and bass riffs. i write structure for songs and organize practice. i basicly do alot of work and in return become the verbal punching bag for the band cuz i'm the only one who can put thier pride aside for a second to get some work done.

so yeah, retarted drummer, dick vocalist, chill guitarist, short tepered dj/back up vocalist, and an under credited bassist... sound about right.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
Quote by zipper-mouth
i've got like every race in my band...

vocalist- can scream like a mo fo.

Screaming is not singing.
Lead vocalist/acoustic guitar: Dedicated but concentrates about as well as a goldfish, suggests one song, plays it once and moves onto another.

Lead mumbler: Seriously, has anyone ever had a singer who's frightened of their own voice?

Bassist: Never there so can't comment on him...

Lead Guitar (me): Not particularly talented but I try hard enough.

Other Guitar: He's a beginner, but is enthusiastic and is beginning to get there!

Drummer: Also a beginner but is insanely good for having picked up the drums over a period of a couple of weeks! He's also had no musical background! How do some people do this?
Well, I'm in 2 bands...

The first one: (not serious band)

Other guitarist: Cool guy, pretty quiet, known him for years and hes one of my goodfriends, not all that great at guitar yet ( he just started playing a few months ago)
Bassist/Singer: Cool guy, really closed minded when it comes to music, knows nothing about equipment, another one of my good friends
Drummer: He's an amazing drummer but is a jerk and we cant find anyone else.

The other band:

This one we started just like this week...

Other guitarist- About as good as me at guitar, my best friend
Bassist/Singer- Amazing bassist, good friend

and we still need a drummer =)
Lead Guitarist/Rhythm Guitarist/Bassist: Me. While I don't play bass, I have written out what the bassist that we will eventually get should play, and I write the rhythms for my lead parts.

Drummer: Decent...sort of. Messes up his own beats constantly, and I literally cover up for his ****-ups at least 3 times during a jam. He is probably the only guy I know that actually has an ear for music besides metal though, and is a great friend.
Singer/Rhythm guitarist (Me): Funny, better looking one I'm told, Laid back, quick witted.

Lead Guitarist: Argumentative, Funny, Arrogant.

Bassist: Shy, Bright.

Drummer: Loud, Control Addict, Solid Player
Lead Guitarist (me) - Makes most of the songs, metalhead, still learning theory, lazy, learning to scream, failing to scream ^^;
Rhythm Guitarist - less of a metalhead, more of a preppy emo indie fan... doesnt want metalhead fans, wants to cater to the softer casual fans, singer
Drummer - Loves punk and metal, anxious to play
Keyboard - Classically influenced, Doesnt want to write notes, plays what he is given, writes lyrics
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

Singer - Chilled out, joker, good to get along with
Lead Guitar (me) - uptight, strict mom like band member, god to the band, chilled out, smartass
Rythem Guitar - smartass, fast learner, shy
Drummer - talented, lazy, social, good to get along with, smartass
Bassist - Inivisible, mysterous, prolly cuz he doesn't exist?

If the band were to be one person we'd be a lazy, procrastinating, talented smartass
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Guitar/back-up vocals (me) - Carefree, likes to have fun. Main writer of music, some lyrics. Doesn't take anything more seriously than it needs to be. Bass 2 singing voice. Stoner.
Bass - Great guy. Gets us gigs, tries extremely hard to better his playing. Decent lyricist. Stoner.
Drums - Incredible player, best looking guy in the group. Probably the least motivated, always has work.
Singer/keyboard/sax - Big ego, but still a fun guy. Main lyricist, and a fantastic voice. Tenor 1 and in all eastern choir and a national choir. Can be kind of a dick. 4/20 friendly
1st trombone - kind of a dick. Nerdy type, thinks he's a better musician than everyone else. Great player, great ear, i don't really hang out with him though.
2nd trombone - Jazz trained trombonist. Not too motivated, the quiet guy. Longish ginger hair, plays football. Tries very hard.
Bari sax/keyboards - Designated Asian. Brilliant sax/keys player, recent addition to the band.

Me, the bassist, the singer hang out all the time just as friends. The whole band is kind of a brotherhood.
Quote by Banana Man
Singer - Chilled out, joker, good to get along with
Lead Guitar (me) - uptight, strict mom like band member, god to the band, chilled out, smartass
Rythem Guitar - smartass, fast learner, shy
Drummer - talented, lazy, social, good to get along with, smartass
Bassist - Inivisible, mysterous, prolly cuz he doesn't exist?

If the band were to be one person we'd be a lazy, procrastinating, talented smartass

Something doesn't add up here...
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Vocals / Guitar / Me - Most driven. I practice guitar a lot. I'm very confident in my abilities and headbang a lot. I make a majority of the decisions (with others consent, obviously). I like loud noises.

Drummer - Hysterical. More laid back than I am but still very driven. Works the worst shifts at work so he has time to rehearse. Practices drums a lot. Tends to continue playing drums while other members of the band are trying to talk. Goes absolutely ape-**** on stage.

Bassist - Most laid back person alive. Doesn't move much on stage, or at all. Pretty much sleeps and plays bass. Doesn't know technical terms of music theory but is musically brilliant and "knows" music with his ears and fingers. Kind of goofy at times. Doesn't give his opinion very much. Still a very driven member of the band, though.
Me - lead vox/gtr - I do a slight majority of the writing in the band, as well as all web stuff, getting most gigs, ordering merch, etc. Essentially, the whole business end. I even recorded and mixed our album, and made all press and most media arrangements. I have a degree in music (guitar) and took voice lessons from an operatic tenor formerly of the Metropolitan Opera, and have the most personal investment in the band.

Mark - bass/backing vox - Takes lessons from bassist from multi gold/platinum selling band Chilliwack. Knows theory reasonably well, and has good technique and a good ear. Great guy. Very laid back. Played a gig with a broken hand. A geological engineer.

Dave - drums/backing vox - Very funny and very easy-going. Kind almost to a fault. No real training to speak of, but sold 16 CDs in one day. :-) He and his wife run their own business.

Ken - gtr/backing vox/writing - Good guy. Easy-going. Great ear for arrangements and tone and texture. Played in a Rush tribute band. Runs his own business. Lives on a farm with a big warehouse that we rehearse in, complete with PA.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Me(guitarist) - Main songwriter, perfectionist, wants to practise loads, motivated, aggressive when need be (everyone else is unmotivated), considering leaving band due to everyone else being crap.

Bassist - thinks he's a god at bass 'cos he can do average slap n' pop, enjoys band, unmotivated, cool and (too) laid back, avoids band communication.

Drummer - unmotivated, avoids band communication, WAY too laid back, doesn't care 'bout anything, though he is quite cool to be around with.

Singer - Slightly more motivated, avoids band comunication, too laid back, doesn't really care about practising, though he is rather cool.

And I am quitting this band.
Quote by Toker420
Screaming is not singing.

did i say it was? it takes alot to scream and grawl. i know cuz i've worked with him when he was learning. it is just as hard and as technical as clean singing. i'd like to see anyone match Mitch (of sucicde silence) on his highs, or Whitechaple's lyric rhythem. and not say that take ALOT of work and techniqe.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
Guitar (me): I work a lot, but always up for practices whenever possible, but also extremely lazy. I do get stuff done song-wise when at home, but prefer to do it at practices as stuff flows more easily then.

Drummer- Paranoid as f*ck of offending black pplz. Also very busy with work and school. Also wants to get high every second of the day. He can't practice when his parents are home because they're complete d!ckholios, therefore can't really progress that far. His timing also needs work.

Bassist- very laid back, loves all the same sh*t I do, but is also the hardest out of the 3 of us to get to practices because he lives almost an hour away and also works a lot. Isn't too big a fan of drinking or smoking though, but we're cool with it.

We still need a singer and another guitarist, and possibly a keyboardist.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
I've noticed a relatively similer pattern arising here that is quite scary. The people describing themselves seem to be portraying an achieved and hard-working attitude, and then berating their mates. Kind of.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I've noticed a relatively similer pattern arising here that is quite scary. The people describing themselves seem to be portraying an achieved and hard-working attitude, and then berating their mates. Kind of.

yeah well i was doing it before it became a trend

so ha

/assholery
Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by AngryGoldfish
The comments aren't very reassuring. I know I'm being snobby, but screw it. You know what I mean.

you ever notice we have very similar usernames?
Quote by fleajr_1412

lol, yes, yes we do. I named my ex-girlfriend after that guy there, Blue. I bloody love that cartoon.
lol well i have no idea what you're avatar is so unfortunately no back story

i feel bad now, like i should create a back story for it
Quote by fleajr_1412

Awww, no worries. I just found it really simply - I think I just put in 'free avatars 50x50' in Google and searched in the first one to crop up. I thought it looked pretty philosophical, which is contrary to the actuall character of a robot. It kind of says something about society and friendship and **** like that, so I stuck with it.
I'm trying to make a new one, something that's more... me; something more unique to myself. Like a big angry fish pouting in the water!
Let's see...

Lead Guitar ( me): Lots of ideas, rubbish at explaining them, quite relaxed about things, tendancy to nail the hard parts then screw up the easy bits.

Singer: Serious when we're practicing but a really nice guy, always encouraging and listening to everyone else. Bloody good voice.

Rhythm Guitar: Really enthusiastic, talks alot and laughs alot.

Bassist: Talks and laughs alot more than above. Really excitable and enthusiastic as well, tends to get ill alot ( )

Drummer: Really quiet and shy but damn good at what he does and offers his ideas but only if you ask him.

To be fair I think I've ended up with a fairly cool group of people
Dakota Ruins
Metalcore/Hardcore from Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Please click on our name and check us out

My Stage Gear:
Cort Curbow 4
Ibanez SRX430
Hartke HA 3500 + Hartke 4.5XL
Line 6 G50 Wireless
Quote by The-Fiction
Let's see...

Lead Guitar ( me): Lots of ideas, rubbish at explaining them, quite relaxed about things, tendancy to nail the hard parts then screw up the easy bits.

Singer: Serious when we're practicing but a really nice guy, always encouraging and listening to everyone else. Bloody good voice.

Rhythm Guitar: Really enthusiastic, talks alot and laughs alot.

Bassist: Talks and laughs alot more than above. Really excitable and enthusiastic as well, tends to get ill alot ( )

Drummer: Really quiet and shy but damn good at what he does and offers his ideas but only if you ask him.

To be fair I think I've ended up with a fairly cool group of people

So you have musical autism?
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Our drummers a drunk, timing is bad at the end of the 2nd set (free beer) Bassist/singer is a dick. I am cool though.