Yers i haz to change that Special II cover.

FOR SALE!

Dual Rectifier $1200

myspace.com/1fisttothesky
its not done YET but its pretty darn close, might change the pickups, and little things here like the trust rod cover etc
FOR SALE!

Dual Rectifier $1200

That looks pretty sexy man How does it play?
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
... did you just carve a chunk off the body of an Epiphone LP and re-paint the body and headstock?
no
Quote by Skierinanutshel
sneakytopdit: ^^^ looks like it, and then carved out some of the back, and reshaped the headstock.

Yeah, that's all I see too. The tone and volume knobs look different than a standard, tuning machines too. OP, was this just a cosmetic job? I can't see anything custom-fied that would effect the sound - except for hacking off part of the body, which will change the characteristics of the guitar.
no
that's very nice. nice pics too. is SLY a custom shop/luthier? what are the specs?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ha! its an epi special 2 with a "extra" cutout and and different headstock, and some cut at the bottom and paineted.. still looks kinda nice

EDIT: i like how they're all like pro shots then the last is in the dark with ur prs
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
It says Epiphone on the neck joint?
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
^^ That last shot is my personal favourite. The others slightly disguised the fact that it was an Epi LP + Jigsaw, but you can just see where the top horn is supposed to be in that one.
no
ah ok, haha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could of shaped the body cut and rounded it better, that way it wouldn't look like a cut-up LP Special.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Think the TS will try defend his actions here?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Think the TS will try defend his actions here?

i dont find any reason to. he isnt making it out to be some state-of-the-art amazing guitar. it looks great with the cosmetic changes, and TS is happy with the guitar.

edit: and besides, i just defended them for him.....i think.
Just me personally... it looks a bit like a cheap hack saw job, even though I must say it looks well done.. What you should try and do is add some kind of beveling to it, and smooth it up on the bottom, making the cut part flow into the uncut, making some kind of curve or wave or something. Flow where you cut into the neck joint. Maybe shave some more off the lower part of it so it looks a bit sleeker and less bloated. The headstock could have been better done, but I think if you even it out and make the "horns" bigger it would look killer. Don't mean to sound mean, but it's right on the edge of looking like a chop shop job and something really killer. As mentioned it doesn't look bad, just could probably better.

Still, really nice job on the logo and paint, along with the photos. How did you finish it? The cutout scallop looks really nicely done as well. the sinding job looks like it was done nicely too. It just looks like you went the whole 9 yards with it in terms of finish, which is why I'm a bit puzzled the rest of the guitar seems incomplete. Maybe a lesson for next time (learned this one myself): don't finish it until you are done, as if you notice something, you will need to destroy a killer finish.
Quote by bucky_2300
... did you just carve a chunk off the body of an Epiphone LP and re-paint the body and headstock?

Yep he did.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I dislike the fret inlay.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
to be honest - i really dont like the body, but the headstock is really cool. headstocks need to get more creative.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
yes its no secret that its an epiphone II. i just got sick of the thing and decided to make a custom guitar. its not done yet but pretty close
FOR SALE!

Dual Rectifier $1200

Looks cool man.

You butchered that Epiphone to crap though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ah epiphone less paul special 2. Got one myself, but the one with the skull graphics.

Guitar/Customizing forum?
That is sweet. If I was rich I would totally make a custom guitar. Nice job.
Nice looking paint job and pictures.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Nice job, man. Definitely gave yourself a nice custom-built look. And nice job with the pics, too.
Quote by bucky_2300

Yep...

Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!