ok guys i need song suggestions for a charity concert for one of my best friends who unfortunately has been diagnosed with Brain cancer. i just need some suggestions because i dont know what songs i should do. I dont care if i get the usual pit responses as long as i get a couple serious ones. i would like 3-10 songs but it dosnt matter. Thanks in advance
Quote by Guitarlord44
ok guys i need song suggestions for a charity concert for one of my best friends who unfortunately has been diagnosed with Brain cancer. i just need some suggestions because i dont know what songs i should do. I dont care if i get the usual pit responses as long as i get a couple serious ones. i would like 3-10 songs but it dosnt matter. Thanks in advance

Male of female? Do they like metal?
The M*A*S*H Theme...such a happy song
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Is it going to be a sad occasion or are you going to try and cheer him up?
If its going to be sad, go with a really soft rendition of My Hero
If its going to be happy...something by The D...try asking someone of his favourite songs, or bands!
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Wake Up - Coheed & Cambria.

Easy song, very mellow, and is just plain beautifull.

If there's an acoustic around, try Blackbird-Beatles

that generic enough???
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Quote by Guitarlord44
Male and yes he loves metal

If I wanted to cheer up a metaller, nothing could beat "Far Beyond Metal" by Strapping young lad. See for yourself: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qMP7n8iNlyM

Devin Townsend is truly a god among men.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
If you can pull it off, you could play Isolation Years by Opeth, although you'd need an open tuned geetar in reserve for it...

You could try Beloved One by Ben Harper?

Nutshell by AiC?