So I'm looking at getting a second guitar to compliment my nashville tele....and i at gc I played this ibanez rg : http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG3EXFM1-Electric-Guitar-104831474-i1400085.gc
I really like it...very comfortable, sounded good, but I really want to get a floating trem just to have for use once in awhile.
So how much would it cost to install a decent floating trem on it, even the edge III? I dont trust myself to do it.
Would I be better off getting an Rg 350ex instead, that already has the trem on it?
I really dont wanna spend more than $400 and these necks are perfect for me, only other brand that made humbucker guitars like these necks are Jackson, but theyre too metal looking for me. Thanks. And I wont be abusing the trem, so wear and tear wont be much
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Better to get the Rg 350ex, the cost of putting it later is not worth it.
Quote by macjac
Better to get the Rg 350ex, the cost of putting it later is not worth it.

Yep, it is often upwards of $300 to put a Floyd on a non Floyd guitar that does not already have a trem.
If its just between those two, get the RG350ex, but you might want to look around some more, you could find one that's even better than those for the same price range.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
Jacksons... Too Metal? >;@ Never, you can never be too metal...
But yeah, definatly get the 350ex if you want an Ibanez, the cost of installation and parts for a floyd wouldn't be worth it. And I don't understand why people like the necks so much, I was using one the other day, and the neck was just annoying me.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
And I don't understand why people like the necks so much, I was using one the other day, and the neck was just annoying me.

... because you are used to or prefer a different neck type?
no
Quote by bucky_2300
... because you are used to or prefer a different neck type?

I mostly learnt using a Jackson Kelly with a neck almost exactly the same, didn't like that one either... Maybe I'm just weird
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
necks are all preference, cause well we all have different hand sizes... i feel cramped on the narrow fretboards...and I really like the thin nick for some reason..thanks though
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I prefer a Jackson over an Ibanez mainly because of the Ibanez Edge III tremolo system. Floyd Rose stays in tune better and are better built. I think the reverse headstock is cool too.
proud american
Quote by jrnjd
I prefer a Jackson over an Ibanez mainly because of the Ibanez Edge III tremolo system. Floyd Rose stays in tune better and are better built. I think the reverse headstock is cool too.

On guitars of that price, Jackson will give you an LFR just as unreliable and dodgy as the Edge 3.