Just wondering...is it weird that a Jazz Bass has knobs that have the words "volume" and "tone" written on them? They look kind of like the replacement knobs for a stratocaster.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

By looking up the serial #, I think it is a 1994 MIM, but I could be wrong.

Just curious, why doesn't it say Made in Mexico on the neck, but the serial # indicates that its MIM?
if it's a second hand bass it's very likely that someone just thought the Strat style knobs looked better.
Rockin' shit
Defenitley replacements although I don't really need labels to tell me what each knob on my jazz bass does, just the one tick to know where it's at.
Also wondering if it looks like a fake to any of you? I'm asking because it doesn't say that it is made in mexico on the headstock, but the prefix "MN" for the serial number indicates that it is MIM?
Quote by Steven2285
Also wondering if it looks like a fake to any of you? I'm asking because it doesn't say that it is made in mexico on the headstock, but the prefix "MN" for the serial number indicates that it is MIM?

looks ok to me.

those knobs are cool, a good cheap visual mod.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom