hey, the mono input is 8ohms, and the stereo input is 16ohms. How do I enable the stereo option?

Do I need the 2 inputs being used at used for it to be stereo?
Can I only use the stereo input to use only 1 side sterea (and use 16ohms)?

I know the 4x12 version has a switch, but this one doesn't.

thanks!
For stereo sound you need two amps. Otherwise only one speaker will be in use.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Right, but can I plug a 16ohms head in the stereo side and "enable" stereo mode and just use 1 speaker at 16ohms?
Quote by jorgeD
Right, but can I plug a 16ohms head in the stereo side and "enable" stereo mode and just use 1 speaker at 16ohms?

Yes.... But it will not sound as good as both speakers going at once...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yes.... But it will not sound as good as both speakers going at once...
I guess it depends on how many watts the head is and what wattage rating the single speakers are. Does the 1936 have two G12T-75's? If so, using one speaker only (16 ohms) will only be 75 watts. If the head is more than that you may not want to turn up the volume much.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
I guess it depends on how many watts the head is and what wattage rating the single speakers are. Does the 1936 have two G12T-75's? If so, using one speaker only (16 ohms) will only be 75 watts. If the head is more than that you may not want to turn up the volume much.

From my experiances, anytime I have ran a cab in stereo with just one side its way to airy and has alot of un-wanted resonance with bad bass response. Basically to much air space in the cab to just run half the speakers and get a good bass response out of them.

Now if it was a open back you are good to go... But closed back is a whole different beast.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
From my experiances, anytime I have ran a cab in stereo with just one side its way to airy and has alot of un-wanted resonance with bad bass response. Basically to much air space in the cab to just run half the speakers and get a good bass response out of them.

Now if it was a open back you are good to go... But closed back is a whole different beast.
Yeah, I guess the TS will have to try and decide. I don't quite fully understand what he is looking to acheive in the end.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Yeah, I guess the TS will have to try and decide. I don't quite fully understand what he is looking to acheive in the end.

Yup, it seems he is trying to figure out how to get the cab into stereo mode. And I unfortunalty dont know how it works on that cab. I would think when both inputs are used each input is converted to a 16ohm load and its one speaker per input but dont quote me on it as I dont know what cab he is working with....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 1, 2008,
hey guys thanks for all the replies.

I currently have a peavey 6505 head, but it's just too much in all aspects (weight, power, and i could use the extra cash).. and I would love have a classic 30 head using my current 2x12 cab. The cab has 2 75watts speakers at 16ohms, and the new head is 16 ohms so I guess I should be fine.

rock on,
jd.