Awhile back I stumbled upon a video of a man named Frank Turner covering The State Lottery by Propagandhi. It was a great cover, but I never looked into him after that. Today I watched the video again, and wanted to check this guy out. Apparently he was a part of a punk band in the UK called Million Dead. I listened to a few live songs on YouTube, so far I am enjoying what I hear. I'm currently downloading their 2 full lengths.

What do you guys think of Million Dead? Any word on Frank Turners solo stuff?
myspace.com/barcodeyouth
I love Frank Turner. His solo stuff is amazing and I'm addicted to his newest one. If you like folky/acoustic stuff, you'd probably like his stuff.

I haven't checked out Million Dead though. I've been meaning to.
love this band. franks solo stuff is alright, i hope he doesnt start churning out soppy ballads from now on. his reading set this year was unbelievable.
Quote by the glue man
I thought the thread starter forgot to add the words "of" and "cops" to the band name

Millions of Dead Cops are far superior to Million Dead.

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
Millions of Dead Cops are far superior to Million Dead.

I have an inkling you have compared these two bands to each other purely on the presence of the words 'Million' and 'Dead' within their titles.
Having read your reply, I proceeded to investigate millions of dead cops, as I have heard of them, but never their music.
When I reached their *shudder* myspace page, I was HORRIFIED to see that you could have mistaken these bands to be anything other than the furthest thing away from each other, possibly ever.
These bands cannot be compared, and for you to say that Millions Of Dead Cops are better than Million Dead is ridiculous on two levels.
One, because this band, from what I can decipher from their *shudder* myspace page music, are nothing alike the genre that Million Dead may be forced into, (sorry Frank)-post-hardcore. And secondly because Million Dead were one of the most promising post hardcore bands to come out of the U.K, and are still loved by Frank Turner fans as dearly as their own mothers.
I myself am a massive fan of Million Dead, and for you to compare this band, Millions Of Dead Cops to Million Dead is sacrilege.
I feel at this time it is important and necessary for me to mention Frank Turner's first band, Kneejerk, a band which he formed earlier on in his life, pre-MD.
This band also had potential, however had Kneejerk not a) formed and b) disintegrated, MD may never have been formed, so I thank you Frank and Kneejerk for the birth (and death) of Kneejerk.
Back to the point, your ridiculously naive and ignorant comment of Millions Of Dead Cops being 'far superior' to Million Dead, was exactly that, ignorant and naive. To compare these two bands is a) impossible, and b) futile.

Million Dead will live on as far as any fan is concerned, and Frank Turner's solo music is as promising and exciting as anything he has written before. The lyrical genius of MD is showing through a different genre of music, but by no means has Frank lost his passion, his beliefs and his talent.

FTHC
Quote by Colebers
I have an inkling you have compared these two bands to each other purely on the presence of the words 'Million' and 'Dead' within their titles.
Having read your reply, I proceeded to investigate millions of dead cops, as I have heard of them, but never their music.
When I reached their *shudder* myspace page, I was HORRIFIED to see that you could have mistaken these bands to be anything other than the furthest thing away from each other, possibly ever.
These bands cannot be compared, and for you to say that Millions Of Dead Cops are better than Million Dead is ridiculous on two levels.
One, because this band, from what I can decipher from their *shudder* myspace page music, are nothing alike the genre that Million Dead may be forced into, (sorry Frank)-post-hardcore. And secondly because Million Dead were one of the most promising post hardcore bands to come out of the U.K, and are still loved by Frank Turner fans as dearly as their own mothers.
I myself am a massive fan of Million Dead, and for you to compare this band, Millions Of Dead Cops to Million Dead is sacrilege.
I feel at this time it is important and necessary for me to mention Frank Turner's first band, Kneejerk, a band which he formed earlier on in his life, pre-MD.
This band also had potential, however had Kneejerk not a) formed and b) disintegrated, MD may never have been formed, so I thank you Frank and Kneejerk for the birth (and death) of Kneejerk.
Back to the point, your ridiculously naive and ignorant comment of Millions Of Dead Cops being 'far superior' to Million Dead, was exactly that, ignorant and naive. To compare these two bands is a) impossible, and b) futile.

Million Dead will live on as far as any fan is concerned, and Frank Turner's solo music is as promising and exciting as anything he has written before. The lyrical genius of MD is showing through a different genre of music, but by no means has Frank lost his passion, his beliefs and his talent.

FTHC

Millions of Dead Cops destroy Million Dead, you whiny vag.

Quote by Colebers
BAWWWWWWWWWW HOW DARE YOU COMPARE MDC TO MILLION DEAD tl;dr
Millions Of Dead Cops are better. Get over yourself. Comparing these two bands does not make me "naive." It makes me a person who can say "I like Band A over Band B" without writing a dissertation on how they compare and contrast.

In other words, quit being such a fangirl.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Last edited by axeslash at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by Colebers
Haha.
Thanks for the reaction..
Thanks for being bad at saving face.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Colebers

You catch on quickly!

Jack my swag
Quote by SandyPilgrim
Is "unbelievable" a good thing or a bad thing?
a good thing. one of the best live shows ever.