I have narrpwed my search down to 3 amps. I want an amp that would be suitable for gigiing, so out of these 3 could you tell me which would be best, or any suggestions you have.
I have chosen these three as they are in my price range (Up to £300) and seem most suited. I will be testing all 3 tomorrow but i wanna see if it is worth it first.

Marshall MB60 - £194.88
Line 6 Lowdown LD150 - £252.99 (i have chose this one as it has effects which i would also want but i wanted an amp first)
Fender Rumble 100/210 - £213.99

Thanks In Advance,
KieronC07
None of those are verry quality amps In my oppinion.
Try the Ashdown MAG C410T-300 Combo Bass Amp, it gets great reviews here.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Dec 1, 2008,
I wouldn't touch any of those with a ten-foot pole...

Ashdown, Laney, Hartke, and Peavey are the best bang-for-your-buck you're going to get over there. Check the used market too.
Nope, no sig here.
I'd take the Marshall if I had too. but...

Ashdown, ftw
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
ok, so what types of amps would you all reccommend. try to specific as t will be easier for me, cheers.

KieronC07
Quote by Captain Insano
The Rumble is OK. The other two are crap.

Look Ashdown, look Acoustic.

Acoustic does not travel to Europe.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
If you want to gig, try getting a used stack off ebay, an ashdown head or a warwick pro-fet 3.2 or something and a 210 cab to start off with. I got an ashdown EB180 head, MAG 115 and MAG 210T cabs off ebay for £250 earlier this year, it sounds pretty good and i'm not going back to a combo!!

Or you could get a used MAG 210 combo and get an extension cab, that seems a popular choice.
Quote by budget bassist
Or you could get a used MAG 210 combo and get an extension cab, that seems a popular choice.

+1 to that
Nope, no sig here.
Get an Ashdown 300 head second head, and a 1x15 cab thatll do you and then get a 2x10 to add on. All those amps you suggested were cabs.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Get an Ashdown 300 head second head, and a 1x15 cab thatll do you and then get a 2x10 to add on. All those amps you suggested were cabs.

Those were combo amps.

You know, a cab and a head all in one box.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
have a look for a fender bassman, amazing tone
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by KieronC07
I have narrpwed my search down to 3 amps. I want an amp that would be suitable for gigiing, so out of these 3 could you tell me which would be best, or any suggestions you have.
I have chosen these three as they are in my price range (Up to £300) and seem most suited. I will be testing all 3 tomorrow but i wanna see if it is worth it first.

Marshall MB60 - £194.88
Line 6 Lowdown LD150 - £252.99 (i have chose this one as it has effects which i would also want but i wanted an amp first)
Fender Rumble 100/210 - £213.99

Thanks In Advance,
KieronC07

One very important factor to look for in a combo is whether it has an extension cab output socket without disabling the on board speaker.

Many lower end combos do not allow extension cabs.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
i've got a fender rumble 100 and it's awful, for the love of god don't buy it, if everyone stops buying them fender will stop making them and the world will be a much better sounding place.

as for the line 6 i personally don't like it, it suffers from the same indistinguished sound that the fender has

and finally think of the marshall MB as the marshall MG of bass, it's cheaply made, cheap sounding, cheap everything but the price is bumped up a bit because it's got the marshall badge.

the best option in my opinion would be a hartke ha2500 combo or as others have stated an ashdown MAG300 combo
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
i've got a fender rumble 100 and it's awful, for the love of god don't buy it, if everyone stops buying them fender will stop making them and the world will be a much better sounding place.

as for the line 6 i personally don't like it, it suffers from the same indistinguished sound that the fender has

and finally think of the marshall MB as the marshall MG of bass, it's cheaply made, cheap sounding, cheap everything but the price is bumped up a bit because it's got the marshall badge.

the best option in my opinion would be a hartke ha2500 combo or as others have stated an ashdown MAG300 combo
Marshall have never produced a decent bass amp compare to other leading brands.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Marshall have never produced a decent bass amp compare to other leading brands.

that's subjective but i agree, marshall's trips into the bass amp market are never a great success although they have produced some good bass amps like the super bass. They'll never compare to other manufacturers though
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
ok, i tired all but the marshall because it was way more than advertised. then i tried some more i hadnt seen and ended up loving a Laney. i ended up being this but i cant remeber what model it is, so as soon as i find i out i'll post it.

Thanks,
KieronC07