I'm looking for a head of some sort around the price of $600, used obviously, and I've narrowed it down to the bugera and the peavey. I can possibly get the Bugera for around 550, maybe even 500, and I can buy the peavey for around 650 if I'm lucky. Is it worth waiting and paying more for the peavey, or is the bugera just as good? Us the peavey good enough to justify a higher price tag and needing to wait for a used one to come along, or should i just go with the bugera?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I perfer the real thing and did a side by side comparision. But the catch is perfered... Some actually like the bugera more.. You just need to test them out yourself..

and a side note, theres a band that just went label were im at. He uses a 5150 for his main and a 6260 for his back up. When he fired them up and tested each one individually the 6260 sounded better then the 5150. But that could have been acoustics, placement and settings. So in some occasions it does sound better. But that said it was his backup for a reason. There has been an on going reliability issue so even tough it might sound better stock for stock in some cases will it last?
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 1, 2008,
Just wait for a cheaper 5150...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
you should definitely be able to find a 5150 head for close to $500. i've seen 'em go for $400 on the used market. what cab do you have?
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Go for the Peavey. That thing's built like a tank. I've heard too many independant horror stories of Bugeras crapping out.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by spiff389
you should definitely be able to find a 5150 head for close to $500. i've seen 'em go for $400 on the used market. what cab do you have?

I just recently got a genz benz TS 212 cab which i'm sure is good enough to fit my needs.

I'm leaning towards the peavey, but i've been waiting for a long time and the only person selling one for less than 700 isn't replying :\
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
one guy was selling his 5150 for 550 on harmony central. I'll try to find the link
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
one guy was selling his 5150 for 550 on harmony central. I'll try to find the link

That would be great, I didn't think of looking on harmony central
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I love my 5150 and wouldn't trade it for an imitation of the Amp, And yes I have played the 6262 as I thought about getting it too, but it did not sound close to as cool IMO, also if you Bias mod the 5150 it will sound even better.
I owned both amps. The 5150 has a bit more bass response (low end) to it then the Bugera. Especially at a lower volume (an EQ can almost bring it even). Other than that, the differences are barey noticeable.