hey guys, I want to learn a song with a tough rythym riff, but that is not hardcore metal, it can be normal metal, just not to heavy, no Children of Bodom type stuff... Remember it has to have a really tough rythym riff, or if it is not tough fun to play which is more important.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Look into some old, old metallica. Some great riffs, for example "Four Horsemen" maybe.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Anything That Has Been Written By Dave Mustaine!!!!
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by jetfuel495
Look into some old, old megadeth. Some great riffs, for example "mechanix" maybe.

yea! do mechanix. it will be great
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
gears of war by megadeth is a good one. also some older disturbed has killer rhythms.
Member #24 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
this
Quote by metalisbest
Anything That Has Been Written By Dave Mustaine!!!!

and
Quote by metalisbest
Look into some old, old metallica. Some great riffs, for example "Four Horsemen" maybe.

this
is peace sells good if not what about dread and the fugitive mind or sweating bullets?
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
How about you try them and see? None of those are particularly tough riffs.
Quote by Danno13
How about you try them and see? None of those are particularly tough riffs.

alright, can I change this then, something hard that is not metal, it can be hard rock such as G'N'R but nothing metal, because I have a guitar lesson tonight and he wanted me to find a song with a tough rhythm and he is not a huge fan of metal, and when he likes the song he goes really in depth and it is extremely interesting, when he doesn't though he teaches it is still not as exciting.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Megadeth does NOT have that complicated of rhythm riffs, they have some up there, but they're not hard compared to a lot.

Some notable stuff from megadeth is holy wars, hangar 18.

But you might want to go for some Trivium, Insurrection has a pretty nice opening riff, and they combine a lot of leads inside the rhythm (harmonies) so it can be a bit challenging for beginners/intermediates.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty
Megadeth does NOT have that complicated of rhythm riffs, they have some up there, but they're not hard compared to a lot.

Some notable stuff from megadeth is holy wars, hangar 18.

But you might want to go for some Trivium, Insurrection has a pretty nice opening riff, and they combine a lot of leads inside the rhythm (harmonies) so it can be a bit challenging for beginners/intermediates.

I didn't think of Trivium thanks man! They are my favorite new metal band, and I think I will learn anthem.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp