I was wondering about something- once I get some gigs started with my band (we're going to play mostly originals, like maybe 1 cover per set), I'd like to do some covers. I have a pretty decent list of songs I can play to choose from, and I was wondering in a 5 song set list, which of these should we do? I'll list them how I have them down:

Can play perfectly

Aerials- System Of A Down (We're most likely going to settle on this as our cover for 75-90% of our gigs as me, the bassist, and drummer all have it down perfectly note for note)
Dammit- Blink 182
Time Of Your Life (Good Riddance)- Greenday
Brain Stew (without Jaded)- Greenday
Tetris- That Russian dude
Ich Will- Rammstein
Zwitter- Rammstein
Feuer Frei!- Rammstein
Breaking The Law- Judas Priest
The Beautiful People- Marylin Manson
Balls Out- Bloodhound Gang

Almost have them down perfectly

Du Hast- Rammstein (I hate weird @ss rhythyms)
Links 2, 3, 4- Rammstein
Super Mario Bros. Theme- Some Japanese dude
Vampires- Godsmack
No Hard Feelings- Bloodhound Gang

Needs work

Awaken- Dethklok (I still can't sweep for the love of god)
Fansong- Dethklok
Livin In Sin- Godsmack
For Whom The Bell Tolls- Metallica
The Zephyr Song- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Going to start working on

Getting Away With Murder- Papa Roach
Hell Bent For Leather- Judas Priest
Knocked Down- Pennywise
Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
Hey You- Pink Floyd
Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd
Cabron- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dirt- Alice In Chains
Man In The Box- Alice In Chains
Bodies- Drowning Pool
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
It depends on your band's genre and set list already. You can always learn a new song to cover too. With my band, we all suggest a cover, listen to the songs suggested, and pick the group favorite out of the list.
the only good song in ur can play perfectly section is breaking the law. the rest of it is sh it.
Member #24 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
What dont you have down on for whom the bell tolls?

coz that would be a cool cover
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
depends where you play take into thought alot of bars like covers cause introducing new music to people expecting dance tunes is risky. not saying you should do all covers but my band is the opposite of you and we are doing alright we do like 10 covers for every 1 original.. atke for granted we do like 4 sets of 10ish songs a gig.
Dethklok rules. Replace Fansong with Murmaider. Awaken Mustakrakish is a good song.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
It depends on your band's genre and set list already. You can always learn a new song to cover too. With my band, we all suggest a cover, listen to the songs suggested, and pick the group favorite out of the list.

We haven't really pinpointed what we are exactly yet, but my playing style has been described as if Godsmack and Alice in Chains got together and started making heavier stuff with some Lamb of God and Zakk Wylde thrown in. We haven't played any shows yet, but like I said, in a 4 or 5 song set list, we're going to throw in 1 cover. A 3 song or less set list will be all originals.

Quote by metalmanjosip
What dont you have down on for whom the bell tolls?

coz that would be a cool cover

I'm still working on the part that kicks in at 1:17 that Kirk plays.

Quote by slayer1516
Find some better Priest songs.

We would do Painkiller, but again, I can't sweep for the love of god. That, and my drummer fails out of long double bass sections with 10 million beats per minute.

Quote by xHellbound
Cover some Helloween!

I was actually tooling around with the main/intro riff to The Time Of The Oath the other day. Sounded pretty badass.

Quote by ehlert99
depends where you play take into thought alot of bars like covers cause introducing new music to people expecting dance tunes is risky. not saying you should do all covers but my band is the opposite of you and we are doing alright we do like 10 covers for every 1 original.. atke for granted we do like 4 sets of 10ish songs a gig.

Surprisingly, southern NJ has a LOT of bars, catering halls, venues, etc. that cater to metal. It's practically all that you can hear besides that whiney, my balls haven't dropped yet and I'm an angst filled, rich, spoiled, tweeny brat emo crap. Guess which bands normally win battle of the band competitions out here more often?

Hessians, ftw.

And we know how to market ourselves to the different venues and our target fanbase, it's just getting off the ground that's the hard part.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Quote by Helloween_rox

Surprisingly, southern NJ has a LOT of bars, catering halls, venues, etc. that cater to metal. It's practically all that you can hear besides that whiney, my balls haven't dropped yet and I'm an angst filled, rich, spoiled, tweeny brat emo crap. Guess which bands normally win battle of the band competitions out here more often?.

Hey dont bash on high vocals, there are lot of great hard rock/ metal singers that had high voices... look at DIO for example - heck alter bridge is pretty BA also

Quote by Helloween_rox

And we know how to market ourselves to the different venues and our target fanbase, it's just getting off the ground that's the hard part.

Ya i know what you mean, it probably is different in your area but I am in wisconsin - people love their covers and mixed tunes from country, to rock, to metal. I was just suggesting what I noticed up here.
Quote by ehlert99
Hey dont bash on high vocals, there are lot of great hard rock/ metal singers that had high voices... look at DIO for example - heck alter bridge is pretty BA also.

I wasn't bashing high vocals, I was bashing the emo-crap bands around here that dress like they're no more than 12 years old.