Page 1 of 2
Does anyone participate in freerunning or parkour?

If you don't know what that is go here (Hyperlink thing won't work on here =[): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

I'm just interested if there are any others like me who are into this, if there are, feel free to discuss movements or workouts.
Parkour is pretty awesome.
So is the game Mirror's Edge.
It looks like you have to be very agile and have a great amount of body strength though, and that is something I just don't have.
"Ooh, even though theres nothing of interest to jump from here, and the town's full of old people and school kids IM GOING TO JUMP FROM THIS BENCH TO THAT ONE!!!"
lamest "sport" ever.

Sure it can be fun running around, i know it is, but PLEASE dont be like those douches who try to make it all official. Lets call it for what it really is, running amok, it needs no other title.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by metaldud536
I prefer shooting web from my hands and slinging from building to building.

+11111111111
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by kaosfire
lamest "sport" ever.

Sure it can be fun running around, i know it is, but PLEASE dont be like those douches who try to make it all official. Lets call it for what it really is, running amok, it needs no other title.

But running amok is fun.
Quote by slavehack
Does anyone participate in freerunning or parkour?

If you don't know what that is go here (Hyperlink thing won't work on here =[): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

I'm just interested if there are any others like me who are into this, if there are, feel free to discuss movements or workouts.

To me 'parkour' sounds like a death metal scream. I've never done it personally but friends of mine used to try it until one of them feel through a plantpot, it was hilarious.
me & a couple of my mates LOVE parkour!!

we wanted to use it as a sport in our GCSE P.E. but because it's not officially a sport or something we're not allowed =/
even though, both our teachers say we should be able to!

plus, few weeks ago i jumped over this thing to the floor & then went to roll, rolled wrong & broken my collar bone!

was fun though
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
But running amok is fun.

Of course it is! I love it!

But theres no need to make it out to be a sport, it just isnt one. Thats like saying anything requiring some sort of physical effort is a sport.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Two of my friends do it. And not just from bench to bench ****...
I mean like... finding the tallest thing around and seeing how many flips they can do in one jump, lol.
It's usually a group of 4 people, two runners and two cameramen. (I'm a cameraman)

And yes, I've played Mirror's Edge, and it's pretty fun.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Quote by metaldud536
I prefer shooting web from my hands and slinging from building to building.

But...but how does you shot web?
Quote by kaosfire
Of course it is! I love it!

But theres no need to make it out to be a sport, it just isnt one. Thats like saying anything requiring some sort of physical effort is a sport.

true.
I was going to say that.
But i suppose from someone else view it may be a sport.
I've never been injured, I have to travel 30 miles to find any good spots (I live around Texarkana Texas). It's really fun if you get into it, it doesn't really matter if it's considered "running amok". It's fun, and it looks pretty cool when you get places faster than others do when they take the stairs =]
Quote by slavehack
I've never been injured, I have to travel 30 miles to find any good spots (I live around Texarkana Texas). It's really fun if you get into it, it doesn't really matter if it's considered "running amok". It's fun, and it looks pretty cool when you get places faster than others do when they take the stairs =]

Yeah.
I used to hate people who just climbed **** and jump off stuff for no reason.
But i didn't really like any exercise then.
Which is why i'm small and my 12 year old brother is catching me up in height....that and i just didn't eat my din dins when i was young.
Quote by minibrowny
"Ooh, even though theres nothing of interest to jump from here, and the town's full of old people and school kids IM GOING TO JUMP FROM THIS BENCH TO THAT ONE!!!"

+1. Lamest excuse for a "sport" ever.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Pretty fun stuff. However due to my lack of muscle and fear of heights, i don't do it anymore.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by kaosfire
lamest "sport" ever.

i could say the same thing about hockey, football, basketball, or baseball. just because it doesnt appeal to me doesnt mean its not a sport. parkour takes an incredible amount of skill, i cannot even begin to explain how much time and practice ive put into it.
Quote by iheartprog
i could say the same thing about hockey, football, basketball, or baseball. just because it doesnt appeal to me doesnt mean its not a sport. parkour takes an incredible amount of skill, i cannot even begin to explain how much time and practice ive put into it.

Its not a sport, because its not a sport. Did you not read where I said doing it can be fun?

Practice and skill going into something doesnt make it a sport. Cheerleading is a good example of this, just because cheerleaders practice, and banded together to declare it a sport, does not a sport make.

Edit: I should say OFFICIAL sport.

This isnt flaming, its just pointing things out, like I said, I enjoy running amok.
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by kaosfire
Its not a sport, because its not a sport. Did you not read where I said doing it can be fun?

Practice and skill going into something doesnt make it a sport. Cheerleading is a good example of this, just because cheerleaders practice, and banded together to declare it a sport, does not a sport make.

It's not supposed to be a competitive sport.
But some people still try to compete with eachother even though thats not what parkour is about.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
It's not supposed to be a competitive sport.
But some people still try to compete with eachother even though thats not what parkour is about.

I know that, i just dont like when people label it as "the next big sport" or stuff like that (I see it on tv all the time). Yes it can be amazingly cool and fun, and is rigorious, but its not a sport, all Im saying.
Quote by Primus2112

I've been training for 3 and a half years and I have a surprise for you: IT'S NOT A SPORT! Parkour is a an art of movement, made of martial arts, gymnastics, athletics, etc.
Why it's not a sport? Because there is no competition, no clubs, no leagues or such.
Also, flips, twists, aerials and such "attractive" moves aren't parkour either. Parkour is about speed and efficiency, which tricks mentioned above certainly aren't. There is a discipline called free running which is like parkour + tricks. Often misunderstood being same as parkour (because it is similar, but the philosophy's different).
Quote by RPGoof
Imagine how useful parkour would be when running from the cops...

In america its as easy as being able to run a 15 minute mile.......

(in case you dont get it, the majority of our cops are fat and lazy....)
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by kaosfire
lamest "sport" ever.

I disagree. Shows like "Ninja Warrior" were their is an obstacle course and a time trial disprove this.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by lockdown91
I've been training for 3 and a half years and I have a surprise for you: IT'S NOT A SPORT! Parkour is a an art of movement, made of martial arts, gymnastics, athletics, etc.
Why it's not a sport? Because there is no competition, no clubs, no leagues or such.
Also, flips, twists, aerials and such "attractive" moves aren't parkour either. Parkour is about speed and efficiency, which tricks mentioned above certainly aren't. There is a discipline called free running which is like parkour + tricks. Often misunderstood being same as parkour (because it is similar, but the philosophy's different).

Yea, I guess the video I posted was Free running.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by MetalMegaMan
I disagree. Shows like "Ninja Warrior" were their is an obstacle course and a time trial disprove this.

Game show != sport.
Quote by Primus2112

Page 1 of 2