Personnally, I've made a guitar strap from an old inner tube, (actually works fantastic, it falls at the exact height I like to play) and I've made cardboard straplocks, which also work flawlessly.

What about you lot?
i made a strap outta duct tape.... it was beautiful... then my dog ate it :'(
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
I made my guitar from a bit of my mantle piece and used an old coin for a plectrum. Im a genius
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by Fritz621
i made a strap outta duct tape.... it was beautiful... then my dog ate it :'(

I wouldn't of thought duct tape would hold a guitar's weight..
Quote by dandadog
I wouldn't of thought duct tape would hold a guitar's weight..

................. i spent alotta time on that damn thing.... i even made it adjustable with the little slidey thing from an old strap...... and i used alllllooooot of tape lol
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by wizards?
If you layer it right, it can do amazing things.

i had some duct tape shoes i made. wore em for a while but man were they slipperry. took about an hour to make
I once made straplocks from this baby my cousin had..
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I made straplocks from some big washers and a strap from a bunch of bike chains that I linked together. That's about it, really.

edit: oh, yeah. I made a speaker cab out of a cardboard box.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Dec 1, 2008,
I made a strap like Fritz did but i made it out of gorilla tape. My dog however did not eat it
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
I made a set of picks out of a Direct TV Access Card... They were pretty nice.
I used a lighter to stretch the middle of a pen to fit my index finger, made an okay-slide.
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.
Made a strap out of my Gig Bag straps.....still have it and use it =]
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
The nut on the back of my Floyd Rose (the one that holds the trem bar screw) was to large to fit my route, so I made a new one out of a .38 special shell casing. Fits perfect now.
Quote by Kai07
Made a strap out of my Gig Bag straps.....still have it and use it =]

That is incredibly clever. *Goes to look for old gig bags*
i killed an elephant to make a nut out of the tusks
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Then your dog is a failure

My dog is hardcore she ate like a pound and a half of chocolate and it didn't phase her at all
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Lol, my dogs are hardcore as well. I'm nervous one day I'll come home and either one has eaten the other, or that my guitars will be chew toys.
I recently made a slide guitar out of a plank of birch. Mostly scrap parts, most note worthy was the nut. Ink pen shell, L brackets and a long bolt. Also used parts from a broken Floyd Rose for the stop bar, but that's cheating in my opinion.

Made a few duct tape straps too, used pvc and coat hangers to make the adjuster and hooks.... good thing most of my guits already have junky finishes on them.
I made strap locks out of quarters (drill a hole in the middle). One on each side of the strap hole and screw em in with the original screws. That and cutting up used gift cards and such for picks.