Hi, I'm trying to look for a new bass guitar to replace my current one, and I could use some suggestions.

I've been playing bass for a couple of months now on a hand-me down Squier P-bass. I kinda wanted my own bass to replace this one as it is very worn and it just plain doesn't look good becasue I removed a lot of the stickers the previous owner had on it so the finish is pretty much ruined and it looks like crap.

I was looking at an Ibanez sr300 and an Ibanez srx500, but I couldn't really tell which one was the better one, or more importantly which one would be more suited toward my needs. I will be playing a lot of rock in the band that I am in, and we might start playing gigs and stuff like that, so which do you think i should get between those two, or if you have a suggestion for a better bass that i should get, could you let me know?

I'm willing to spend about $300 to $400, but cheaper would be better because its really tight with the money right now. I'll probably be playing through a Behringer BXL3000.

Thanks a lot!
frankly, you don't need a new bass. you've only been playing for a few months. i've been playing for 5 years and i still play my squier p bass every now and then. i would wait until you're more experienced and know what you want out of a bass.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Noooooo! Please tell me you're borrowing the behringer....those things are horrible.

As far as the basses go, either of those would be fine, but I think the 500 would be the better bass.
Nope, no sig here.
SR300 is fine.

if your really tight on cash, an SRX300 is fine too.

but you should definitely get the amp replaced first.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Im also going to add when you come back in a year or two and say i have 2 grand to spend on a bass whick one. You dont need a new bass. I ****ing hate those threads.

get a new amp first. And Replace the pickups in the squire.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul