hey i got $300 to spend on a practice/bedroom amp.
should i get a valve king 8 or epi valve Jr + the metal muff
or
just buy a peavey vypyr 30 + the sanpera I footswitch
i play mostly metal (early metallica, and some metalcore) and some hard rock(ACDC)

NOTE:
this is my FIRST time buying my own amp and i wanted to know the difference between a tube and a SS amplifier(pros and cons)

EDIT::::
is this good http://www.zzounds.com/item--BLAB5112
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Dec 1, 2008,
a tube amp will give you a warmer tone, and will sound more rock. A Solid state sounds a little more sterile. If i were you, I'd go with the tube. You can always get a metal pedal later on that will help your tone, but I think you will be happier with the valve amp (I know i was)
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I guess you didn't like the responses in your other thread like this?

If at first you don't succeed, make another thread and keep your fingers crossed...

BTW, a used classic 30 or better yet a VK would work fine for the TS, IMO. Again some UGers will say a VK can't do metal, which blows my mind every time I hear it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

BTW, a used classic 30 or better yet a VK would work fine for the TS, IMO.

is it good for home use
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
is it good for home use

I don't know if that is a question or a statement. But try a VK 112 and see what you think. I get good tone at bedroom levels every time I play one. I think the VK212 is overkill at 100 watts for home use in principal. I haven't tried one though because 50 watts is more than enough. Again, IMO, try one and develop your own opinion. I suspect you will like the amp for what you play but you may not... Tastes, preferences etc.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
WTF! is the Bump rule?

Yes the VK can be played at bedroom levels. I did a clip at volume 3 just for you, I'll post it someday soon.

I liked the vypyr pretty much. Good for bedroom practice, can't speak to gigging with it. Did you give up on the Cubes? I can't remember exactly what we've talked about already. Did we do the Craigslist check?

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention - the bump rule is 24 hours
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
WTF! is the Bump rule?

Yes the VK can be played at bedroom levels. I did a clip at volume 3 just for you, I'll post it someday soon.

I liked the vypyr pretty much. Good for bedroom practice, can't speak to gigging with it. Did you give up on the Cubes? I can't remember exactly what we've talked about already. Did we do the Craigslist check?

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention - the bump rule is 24 hours

sorry for the bump
i dont like to go used
is the blackheart amp ok http://www.zzounds.com/item--BLAB5112
Yes, sorry I forgot to comment on that. The Blackheart is great for classic rock and maybe thrash metal like metallica. I've actually never played one so I'm going off of youtube and UG'r clips. Otherwise, I like it just fine. Are you afraid to go used for some reason or do you have an xmas gift coming in the form a GC gift card or something?

We have tons of clips on the first page of the VK thread that might help you decide if it will do what you want.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Yes, sorry I forgot to comment on that. The Blackheart is great for classic rock and maybe thrash metal like metallica. I've actually never played one so I'm going off of youtube and UG'r clips. Otherwise, I like it just fine. Are you afraid to go used for some reason or do you have an xmas gift coming in the form a GC gift card or something?

We have tons of clips on the first page of the VK thread that might help you decide if it will do what you want.

yea i have a gift card
im planning to buy that balckheart (its only $200) and a metal muff
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Dec 1, 2008,
the VK is great but its not worth 400 bucks.

Get a black heart with and OD pedal, money better spent.

Compared to a crate its or a BH trust me its not worth 400 bucks.
Quote by THEKID546
the VK is great but its not worth 400 bucks.

Get a black heart with and OD pedal, money better spent.

Compared to a crate its or a BH trust me its not worth 400 bucks.

i bought the blackheart little giant combo its only $200 in zzounds and $350 in other sites
I would go listen to some of the clips in that thread if you haven't already.

Sounds like the TS is getting a Blackheart but most of the VK users like their amp and consider it very much worth $400. It's the speaker that sucks. Check that youtube dude doing 'Always with you always with me' (Satch cover) and then Necrophagist's stuff for the opposite in the amps versatility.