... and played with awesome metal tone through a Fender Blues Junior amp.

Granted, he switched out the old Fender-made speaker with a Celestion Vintage 30, but other than and switching to Groove Tubes, the amp was stock.

He did so using a pedal he's been raving about to me lately; a Tech 21 "British" amp modeller designed to replicate Marshall amplifier tones.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tech-21-SansAmp-Character-Series-CSBR-British-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=151136

He ran through an overview of the pedal with me today after class; it has a character knob that basically wheels the pedal between vintage sounds, and more modern, high-gain tones. This thing rocks. Apparently it can stand alone as a pre-amp and run through a PA system without an amp in front of it.

Anyone have any experience with these things? I'm very strongly inclined to pick one up for myself.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
it's maddd smexi
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
It's not worth it to run through an MG.

Also, BJs come with Groove tubes stock, they're only rebranded sovteks anyways. Suggest some JJs to your teacher, they sound loads better.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
These Character pedals are awesome. A thread was started the other day about them. Search it.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I would'nt count putting a modeller/distortion pedal infront of an amp as a metal tone from the amp. If it cant do it on its own its not a metal amp. Like you said he could have stuck that pedal infront of a PA and got the same tone. Does that make the PA a metal beast?..... nope that it doesnt..

But its good to know that its a great sounding pedal...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by Kevin Saale
It's not worth it to run through an MG.

Also, BJs come with Groove tubes stock, they're only rebranded sovteks anyways. Suggest some JJs to your teacher, they sound loads better.

Whoa whoa whoa, you get a bj AND some tubes with it???
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.