Is your amp broken when it sounds like a distortion pedal that's almost ran out of battery? It sounds really.. fizzy, weak, and there is like no sustain.
I think it might be a blown speaker or something. My stupid mother ****ing friends think it's funny to turn everything up full and turn it on, so it could be that, but I'm not sure.

It's a Laney LX120H solid state amp, about a year old.
Quote by Brian 1.0
Don't listen to him, he likes rap.

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
kill yourself, that'll show 'em.
Last edited by tomisfatt01 at Dec 1, 2008,
looks like the tubes are blown
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
It's SS lol
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
....anyone? *yawn*
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
the amps dead.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by tomisfatt01
....anyone? *yawn*

Don't bump your thread every 5 minutes, this isn't a chat room, you might actually have to wait a while for an answer.

You're not being very specific with what the problem is, hell, you haven't even told us what kind of amp it is. Also, if your friends broke it then get them to replace it, pretty simple.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
daaaamn.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Quote by Kevin Saale
Don't bump your thread every 5 minutes, this isn't a chat room, you might actually have to wait a while for an answer.

You're not being very specific with what the problem is, hell, you haven't even told us what kind of amp it is. Also, if your friends broke it then get them to replace it, pretty simple.

I've bumped it once, not every 5 minutes.

And I said, it sounds like a dist pedal thats ran out of battery i.e crap, fizzy, broken.
It's a Laney LX120H solid state.

Also, I don't know for a fact that my friends broke it, just could be.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Quote by tomisfatt01
I've bumped it once, not every 5 minutes.

And I said, it sounds like a dist pedal thats ran out of battery i.e crap, fizzy, broken.
It's a Laney LX120H solid state.

Also, I don't know for a fact that my friends broke it, just could be.

Does it have a headphone out? If so, test that and if it sounds fine then just the speaker is toast, otherwise the whole amp is toast.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Does it have a headphone out? If so, test that and if it sounds fine then just the speaker is toast, otherwise the whole amp is toast.

Nope no headphone out.

Well that's fuxking great.

lol
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
does it have an effects loop, because an effects loop send is basically a headphone out
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
What kind of cab are you running. If the amp has more watts than the cab can handle then yea its possible the speakers blew. Try it with another cab if you can. But if the cab is rated higher than most likely your funny friend blew up his amp. His amp as you will swap him out for his amp then you can see how funny he thinks it is as his new amp doesnt work. Or let him pay to get it fixed.