So.. I got a new amp (Fender Frontman 212 100 watt the old w/ all effects)
and it has a pre amp out input on the back.. I was wondering what it was for.. I've seen somewhere that I can plug a speaker cab into it... is it true?
let me know please.
thank you.
Austin.
hmm you can use the preamp out to slave too amps together or to go to a rack power amp or to a recording device, and you can use it to get a stereo sound.
Quote by Darkice
hmm you can use the preamp out to slave too amps together or to go to a rack power amp or to a recording device, and you can use it to get a stereo sound.

How would I do that?
I have a 15 watt spider(yes it sucks) but I prefer the distortion on that over the one on my fender... and until I get my metal muff it would be awesome to use the distortion from my spider.. so would it be 15 watts or 115 if I hook it to my fender? thanks.
your spider would need a preamp out first off because the distortion mostly comes from the preamp ok that being said you just have to get a speaker cable from out of the spiders preamp out and send it in to the fenders fx loop return jack. with this set up you would be using your spiders preamp and your fenders power amp.
Doesn't work like that. If the spider had a pre out you could hook it to the power in of the fender and have 100 watts.

My suggestion, if you've just bought that fender and you don't like how it sounds, return it. It's a pretty poor amp and you couldn't definitely do better for the money.

Quote by Darkice
your spider would need a preamp out first off because the distortion mostly comes from the preamp ok that being said you just have to get a speaker cable from out of the spiders preamp out and send it in to the fenders fx loop return jack. with this set up you would be using your spiders preamp and your fenders power amp.

You wouldn't use a speaker cable, speaker cable is only for going from the speaker out to the speaker, nothing else.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
All the things I have read on it said to use a speaker cable, though you could be right I have never done this personally.
just read up on it and a normal cable seemed like a better choose to me too, but my friend who told me about this said it had to be a speaker cable or there could be problems...

but yeah if its new and you dont like it, switching it for something you will like more.
Quote by Darkice
All the things I have read on it said to use a speaker cable, though you could be right I have never done this personally.
just read up on it and a normal cable seemed like a better choose to me too, but my friend who told me about this said it had to be a speaker cable or there could be problems...

but yeah if its new and you dont like it, switching it for something you will like more.

Nope guitar signal and line level signal should all be handled by an instrument cable since they are low voltage and high impedance. Being low voltage and high impedance signals makes them susceptible to noise and loss of highs, instrument cables are designed to protect against this, speaker cables aren't.
kevin seems to be right on everything here *waits to be sigged*
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
kevin seems to be right on everything here *waits to be sigged*

Sorry, no room in the sig
Quote by Kevin Saale
Sorry, no room in the sig

well, i guess thats the only downside of dance smilies
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The spider doesnt have any FX loop so cant be used for this purpose. The preamp out cant drive speakers. You can make it "stereo" if you have a pedal with 2 outputs. Or some other way to split the signal.
Quote by Tackleberry
The spider doesnt have any FX loop so cant be used for this purpose. The preamp out cant drive speakers. You can make it "stereo" if you have a pedal with 2 outputs. Or some other way to split the signal.

spiders do have an effects loop, you just have to find it what i mean is, if you plug the headphones out into the input of your pedal, and then the output of the pedal into the MP3 in jack, it'll be just as if that effect was in the effects loop, since its in between the preamp and poweramp. i've never tried this myself, but theoretically, it makes sense
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand