Right now, I am debating between a Schecter C-7 FR (non-hell raiser) and a HellCat VI. The issue is that they are for different purpose (C-7 FR for more normal stuff, and Hellcat Vi for Tool stuff/Bass), so I want to know how hard is it to get their strings (especially for Hellcat VI).

Also, how much more difficulty is it to play on a 6-string Bass when one's hands are small?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
you don't need a 6 string bass to do anything by Tool; Justin uses 4 strings all the time. I'd go for the C-7 unless it's the bolt-on one; i prefer set necks on schecter to their bolt-ons.
real men slap 4stringers
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
This is something you have to ask yourself, do you prefer bass or guitar? what kind of stuff would you do with either?

I thought I enjoyed playing bass, bought a bass, and probably haven't played it for more than 20 hours over the past 2 years.

However, I do play most of my guitars regularly (when I can).

If you're a Tool fan, you wouldn't find much to do with a 7 string guitar or 6 string bass trying to use it to it's full potential. If you're a huge dream theater fan, play bass just as often as guitar, well, you would be better off flipping a coin.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I prefer bolt-on over set-neck/neck through... anyway...

I have never played a bass before, but I want to have somethign so that in case I need to do bass, I can do it. As for the 7-string, I want to be able to expand into the lower octaves (I want more ranges)
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff