Poll: Would you play for an artist you don't like for pay?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you play for an artist you don't like for pay?
yes
16 31%
no
3 6%
depends on pay
19 37%
depends on style of music
9 17%
depands on specific artist
5 10%
Voters: 52.
inspired by a discussion me and my sister had...

would you play guitar/bass/drums/whatever for an artist you really don't like, if they paid you? like say you are a studio musician, and the jonas brothers/hannah montana/any other artist/band you don't like, wanted to hire you,would you do it?

poll coming up

EDIT: sorry, didnt see I made this thread twice, deleted the other one

EDIT2: ok, since yall aparrently want more than a thread w/o links, here's a link for a hot girl singer for ya. hope you're happy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9Rdn2-ETA

not to rival metaldud's thread, but to match it
Last edited by guitardude34875 at Dec 1, 2008,
didn't you JUST make a thread on this?
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Yeah, it'd pay great. I'm such a sellout.

EDIT:

jonas brothers/hannah montana/any other artist/band you don't like

RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by metaldud536
I made this thread this month.....

he made this thread 5minutes ago and now a new one
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

I guess it depends on the pay but in the end i'd be doing something that I love and thats playing music. So yes I would.
Hannah Montana --> No because she's stupid
Miley Cyrus ----------> Yes because she's hot
Jonas Brothers -----> No because they suck
Dragonforce ---------> Yes because they rock (but i would suck compared to them)

and yes i know Hannah and Miley are the same person. But Hannah is just her dumb blonde alter ego (no offense to blonde girls)
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
I definitely would. I've played some pretty bad music for free in my school's band, and doing it would prly lead to connections in the music industry.
For me, it would depend on the style of music, and the pay...I'm not a sellout, but I would play for a band as long as their style is something I can enjoy. Also, if the pay was really good, I'm sure I'd be willing to play for bands with styles far different than mine . There are limits however lol (no way I'd play for hannah montana )
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Yeah, it'd pay great. I'm such a sellout.

EDIT:

okay, I was assuming those were artists the pit doesn't generally like, sorry if I offended any jo bros fans out there
Quote by LesPaulLeader08
I'd totally play for the Jonas Brothers if they were paying me. Hell, I'd give 'em head if they paid me.

On another note, Yes I would, because no matter what genre you are playing or with who you will learn something from it.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Yes, definitely. It's too hard to make a living as a musician, there's no room for your musical preferences to get in the way of money.
We're only strays.
of course. if your a session musician, that's your job. it doesnt matter how much the music sucks, if i'm making a living off playing my guitar, i'd be happy
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I don't really dislike any artists, so I wouldn't mind. It would be cool to collaborate with artists of different genres anyway.
Personally, if the Jonas Brothers came to hire me, I would absolutely tour with them. Granted, I hate the music, I'd probably tour for a year or so, get loads of money, buy a ferrari, date a supermodel, and then quit and make my own real band.

So yes, I would, but at the same time I'd never willingly stay long enough to solidify myself as a JoBro, just long enough to reap the benefits of it.