tl;dr: I just had an awesome player/guitar moment and called it being enlightened. It cured some depression. Have any similar stories?

I've noticed alot of threads lately about 'seeing the light' or 'being enlightened,' and I thought to myself, "Why haven't I had that?" It all seemed to end today. I come home to unwind from a long day with Lady, my '04 American Standard Strat(sunburst, tortoise pickguard,rosewood fingerboard and fat-sounding pickups). I plugged her up into my Digitech RP200 pedal and plugged in my headphones. It has this one effect that reminds me of that "Leslie" tone that so many people seek. I've been going through alot lately and I just wanted to play. Little did I know that what would come from my fingers would be my favorite piece of music ever played by me. I was just playing around with moving the open Fm chord around up the neck and going to open A and wanking in the blues and pentatonic scales, but it was so beautiful! What started as depression ended in euphoria. In this ten-minute span, I just let go and it felt like Lady was telling me that everything will work out for me if I just hang in there. So Pit, have any of you been 'enlightened' through this medium? Share your stories here. I may have entered the wrong search terms, because I came up with nothing. So, share your stories of those moments where your original music has chamged you in some shape, form, or fasion.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
i was enlghtened by guitar

sometimes i can play like a million times better then other times

tis good yes?!
I had that enlightenment when I learned how to play "The Art of Shredding" by Pantera. So simple and fast, yet so ****ing awesome at the same time. As for making my own tunes I need to practice my scales more :p
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Wait, so you have seen a lot of threads about his lately, but you couldn't find any when you searched for them?
i don't get "enlightened" but i love the feeling when i am messing around and i happen upon a really beautiful chord or a great riff or melody.

also, plying has a cathartic effect on me; the more into it i am, the more intense the catharsis.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by Metallicaxp
Wait, so you have seen a lot of threads about his lately, but you couldn't find any when you searched for them?

The difference lies in the medium of which it was attained. I would gather most of those by now are way back and bumping would just be pointless.

Quote by JustRooster

Quote by JD2k9
Women make it hard.
Quote by Just_a_picker
The difference lies in the medium of which it was attained. I would gather most of those by now are way back and bumping would just be pointless.

K, koo.
If you Pitmonkeys keep getting "enlightened" my prozac+crack (procrack) buisiness is going to die in the whomb. Stop it. NOW
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
i've had tons of those, and they're always different

the best one was when i finally "internalized" the beat and could play perfectly in time without thinking of it.

and there were a few involving fretboard patterns, intervals, picking technique, and just plain old getting inspired by someone else being an awesome musician.
"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-imposed immaturity."
--Immanuel Kant

Everytime I hear or read the word 'enlightenment' I instantly think of this.

Every once in a while I get that feeling when I write something that I can't believe that I wrote by myself. It's a great feeling. =]
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
I love just wanking the blues scales.. its what i always do when u pick up guitar.. and i havent had that sort of enlightenment yet, but i love playing guitar when feeling ****.. its sort of frees me.. especially when i play the blues..(i.e the blues scales with 7th chords.. pretty simple, but i love it )
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Just_a_picker
tl;dr: I just had an awesome player/guitar moment and called it being enlightened. It cured some depression. Have any similar stories?

I've noticed alot of threads lately about 'seeing the light' or 'being enlightened,' and I thought to myself, "Why haven't I had that?" It all seemed to end today. I come home to unwind from a long day with Lady, my '04 American Standard Strat(sunburst, tortoise pickguard,rosewood fingerboard and fat-sounding pickups). I plugged her up into my Digitech RP200 pedal and plugged in my headphones. It has this one effect that reminds me of that "Leslie" tone that so many people seek. I've been going through alot lately and I just wanted to play. Little did I know that what would come from my fingers would be my favorite piece of music ever played by me. I was just playing around with moving the open Fm chord around up the neck and going to open A and wanking in the blues and pentatonic scales, but it was so beautiful! What started as depression ended in euphoria. In this ten-minute span, I just let go and it felt like Lady was telling me that everything will work out for me if I just hang in there. So Pit, have any of you been 'enlightened' through this medium? Share your stories here. I may have entered the wrong search terms, because I came up with nothing. So, share your stories of those moments where your original music has chamged you in some shape, form, or fasion.

Well thats not really "enlightenment" in the classic sense...but who cares? Good for you. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes when im jamming, I just "fall into" the music, if that makes sense, and reach an amazing place.
I wrote a really nice chord progression with little fills between the chords when I first started going out with my most recent ex. 5 months later, we'd broken up and the day after it happened, I whipped out the acoustic and started playing that same piece without thinking about it. Let's just say I got DAMN emotional, and that's pretty much the only time music has ever affected me like that.

Although thrashing around playing along to "Deadhead" by Devin Townsend when I'm annoyed gives me the bigggest adrenaline buzz I've ever experienced, or I "fall into it" as the guy above brilliantly put it.
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Yeah, I just didn't know what else to call it, and 'enlightened' seemed better than 'I saw the light.'

Quote by JustRooster

Quote by JD2k9
Women make it hard.