ok so im looking at getting the ec-1000 in vintage black and everyone says its all amazing and fine but i want to know is if the finish scratches easily because of it being a flat/satin finish not gloss?

cheers
So what if it scratches? It gives it character. I wouldn't even care if the finish would scratch man. That's pretty much throwing out a guitar just because of cosmetics.

It's still going to sound the same if it has a couple of dings.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yer i mean the Ltd one sorry im not buying a custom or anything just yet, and im not fussed about it scratching i play live a lot and have heard that cause of the finish it gets battered easily and dont really see the point in shelling out the cash for it too be beaten after only several gig if you get what i mean. i want it too last as long as possible or until i get the a custom
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Do you mean the LTD EC-1000 VB? Thats the only satin one they make.

I would think so. I think the VB stands for Vintage Black and he mentioned he was looking at the Vintage Black EC-1000.

Quote by Blanco
yer i mean the Ltd one sorry im not buying a custom or anything just yet, and im not fussed about it scratching i play live a lot and have heard that cause of the finish it gets battered easily and dont really see the point in shelling out the cash for it too be beaten after only several gig if you get what i mean. i want it too last as long as possible or until i get the a custom

Bashing the finish isn't going to mean that the guitar won't last.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
it will scratch just like any guitar, also over time the oil from your hands will rub off the satin and create a shiny gloss on the guitar
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
yer that cool over time is good, i play a Ltd mh1000nt as well and that thing has taken a beating as it was my main guitar on tour. i decided that i might as well get another Ltd cause they are amazing.
I rather like the Vintage black, but I feel the dark cream/gold binding is a bit too garish for me.
Still, beat it to hell and back, it'll still be a good guitar.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page