Christmas is coming up and I don't know what to get. Guitar hero would tour (band package) or a new amp.

If I got GH:WT It would be about $280 and if I get an amp It would be around $220 but I might get one that is better or maybe a stage amp (30w) for around 300. I currently have a Squier SP-10 amp so I really want a new amp but at the same Time I really want guitar hero.

If I was to get the amp it would probably be a .

PS: In relation to my other topic would it be worth getting the Behringer Distortion Modeller DM100 for aorund $40 now if I get the amp, I would also get a VOX Wah which is $99 cut down from $200.

NOTE: I currently have a Squier SP-10 Amp.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Dec 1, 2008,
I just read a review and the MG15DFX looks pretty good. I heard some demos of it and it sounds good.
You're nuts stating that you want an MG on this forum.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by random_B-RAD
I just read a review and the MG15DFX looks pretty good. I heard some demos of it and it sounds good.

You must be tone deaf. They sound like my dog taking a turdferguson on the carpet, getting sucked up by the vacuum cleaner and being mixed with his own turdferguson in the containment chamber.

tl'dr: They sound like a dog with its dick in a vacuum.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Then give me a better amp for around $300 AUD.

Peavey Vypyr 30;

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482909

Not positive about it's price in AUD, but if my currency transferring is correct, it's about the same, albeit a bit more. You'll be very grateful it's not the MG after you compare the two though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Roland Cube too?
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
wait wait... guitar hero or new gear for real guitar???

i've never tried an mg, dont know what it sounds like. but UG seems to hate them, and they're right about spiders, so they're porbsbly right here too. keep looking son.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
For that money you're better off with guitar hero. Or better yet, if you can use the difference to make a kind of amp fund, and then save up a bit more yourself, you'll enter the price range where kickass amps reside. There's nothing really worth having for 200 bucks, amp wise.

edit: that is, unless you're not planning to do any gigging/jamming any time soon. The Roland cube series, Peavey Vypyr and in my opinion the line 6 spider series are pretty good practice amps in that price range.
-1 to MG series +1 to roland cube series... well praised

if you like tube amps you could look into the epiphone valve jr. its a low watter, but tube amps sound great cranked

I'd say that if more than a few people on here recommend an amp, and it works for your style, you really can't go wrong
i dont care how good the reviews were, and you cant always tell from demos.
Go PLAY one, and compare it to something like a vox AD15, and you'll hear the difference.
...and if your a guitar player how come you want guitar hero...?
Dont bother with the mg not worth it. Save up some more money and get something better, I know what the prices are like here Australia, bit i think you should seriously consider saving up and getting a decent amp.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Guitar Hero WT only cost me $210 (tax included). And omg are you seriously asking whether to buy an amp over a video game....
According to my transfer's, that's about $75 less than what it would be if you directly translated it's price in USD to AUD, so I'd definitely go for it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
I got a Roland CUBE 30X for $350 including shipping from Ebay earlier this year. Problem was it was running on American power supply so I had to buy a $100 transformer with my birthday cash to make it work. IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH IT! Get a Roland CUBE 20X or 30X from a local store depending on prices, you wont regret it!

EDIT: just noticed you said you'll go for the other amp. I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure but... GET A ROLAND
Last edited by Borsworth at Dec 2, 2008,
I'm getting a Roland Cube 30x for $369 AUD. Pretty decent price imo. The 20x is $269 as well. From Allens Music
stick to the peavey...
i had a cube, admittedly..was an excellent amp!
but i do like the peavey
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=