I've been wanting my first strat for a while. I don't really play anything but metal and I think a strat would help me branch out a little bit from my current rig. (hellraiser) So just two weekends ago I purchased a new b-52 212 tube amp. And then on black friday one of my local guitar shops had a gnarly sale. I walked in and about an hour later I walked out with a brand spankin new Highway One HSS Fender Strat for $550 out the door.

Overall, Im pretty impressed with the guitar. It was either that one or some other Black MIM one with a weird pickgaurd. I had to go American made. But I want some hotter pickups in it and I'll be set. But knowing I can easily get my money back out of it im sitting pretty!!

Any pickup reccomendations?
It's stock pickups are decent, but personally I'd recommend either two or a combination of Lace Red Sensors(yes, the colours make a difference. Their basically the same as a model type among Lace Sensors), Seymour Duncan Hot Rails and/or DiMarzio Choppers for the single-coils, and either a DiMarzio Evo, Super Distortion or a Seymour Duncan JB or Invader for the bridge.

If you want a combination of cold-medium-hot though, I'd recommend a neck Lace Sensor in either gold or burgundy, either a silver Lace Sensor, Seymour Duncan Cool Rails or Fender Texas Special in the middle, and one of the humbuckers I recommended in the bridge.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
grats on your first strat
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Niiiiice, the Highway One HSS is a damn fine Guitar.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by ldzppln81
congrats! i just picked myself up an american standard on black friday

i accidentaly slept in on black friday and missed it all
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Dude this black friday sale started at 10am!! So i drug my hungover ass outa bed and went to the shop. Props on such a "Late" black friday.
Congrats Joeseph, but pics would be appreciated. Nice guitar, play it a while before getting into swapping pups. You may just like it the way it is once you get used to her.