I reckon 1/4 will continue playing...

Neither good or bad. People should be able to live their lives how they want.
I think that if they want to try it then they should. No harm in it. Just as long as they don't spend too much before they know if they will get serious about it or not >_>

Edit:
Quote by Untitled001
I was playing LONG before I ad GH... Now I play both.. Gh is just fun.
this
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
A year ago I was waiting for the song to load and it said, "At some point you should think about buying a real guitar." I haven't touched GH since.
I hate those games so much. They're turning the music that only a few cool people still listened to back into mainstream stuff. See all those stereotypical 12 year old nerds talking about how much they love Slash, when the only song that they even know is Sweet Child O' Mine? Thanks a lot, GH.
Last edited by Zecromancer at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by lzcougarz3
A year ago I was waiting for the song to load and it said, "At some point you should think about buying a real guitar." I haven't touched GH since.

I'm sure the game doesn't actually say that
Quote by Untitled001
I was playing LONG before I ad GH... Now I play both.. Gh is just fun.

this

plus i play expert!!

my brother played drums before we got GH4 the other day and hes VERY GOOD near grade 8 i think
and he could play every song on expert drums straight away!! i was amazed!!!!

specially beating hot for teacher
hmm this sounds like a good idea at first but seems like its not gonna last. i KNOW that their will be some ppl who will try it and say something like " man this is too hard. forget it" and then they go back to being GH supremacists.
Quote by Gargantuan
I started playing GH, and I said "I'd rather play real guitar"

Ditto. I was kinda excited to get GH3 home because of the hype around it. I played a couple of games with my brother for fun on a low difficulty setting, but after I saw the harder difficulties I kinda thought "**** this, I would rather learn the real thing...".

My brother eventually thought the same and picked up a real guitar about a month ago. I was so proud of him

So in a nutshell, Guitar Hero made me more dedicated and it got my brother into the real thing as well, so huzzah!
I am....making progress...
Quote by a6l6e6x1
this

plus i play expert!!

my brother played drums before we got GH4 the other day and hes VERY GOOD near grade 8 i think
and he could play every song on expert drums straight away!! i was amazed!!!!

specially beating hot for teacher

Exactly... I'm actually ridiculously good at GH..

On drums I'm not too bad, I threw myself in at expert and passed most of the songs..

*proud*
I really suck at Guitar Hero, so I'd prefer to stick with my guitar.
I've known a few people who have decided to pick it up because of the game, but they've dropped it pretty quickly.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Quote by Untitled001

In the first GH it has a bunch of "funny" quotes about being in bands and stuff.
Quote by Tsuchiya
Ditto. I was kinda excited to get GH3 home because of the hype around it. I played a couple of games with my brother for fun on a low difficulty setting, but after I saw the harder difficulties I kinda thought "**** this, I would rather learn the real thing...".

My brother eventually thought the same and picked up a real guitar about a month ago. I was so proud of him

So in a nutshell, Guitar Hero made me more dedicated and it got my brother into the real thing as well, so huzzah!

Huzzah!

MC name = Bearrorism
Meh. I've played this game once or twice and I cant understand the hype. It was very boring to play.

Me being a musician, I have other issues with the game, but I would rather leave those out.
Quote by Untitled001

Actually in both GH and RB it says something like "real guitars are pretty cheap. Maybe you should invest in one."
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by slayer1516
Meh. I've played this game once or twice and I cant understand the hype. It was very boring to play.

Me being a musician, I have other issues with the game, but I would rather leave those out.

Well playing on easy or medium is boring if you're already a musician. Hard and Expert is really where you get the most out of the game.

Guitar Hero definitely got me into playing guitar, which has been my biggest hobby for about a year now. Yes, there are going to be some people who pick up real guitar and then realize it isn't for them, but what if somebody who has no musical background, gets turned on to guitar through these games, and becomes the next Randy Rhoads or Steve Vai. Wouldn't that make these games a positive influence?
I played r33ltar before I bought GH2, but that game just fueled my desire to want to be able to play. I was finally exposed to some REAL music and REAL decent guitar playing. So I started getting into music, and now I'm decent at guitar. I can play Master of Puppets, mostly, I can ace any Nirvana song, and I'm writing my own material.

Yes, I actually have a Guitar Hero success story. x.x
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
GH got me into both guitar, and awesome music.

So many bands on there I looked up and got their stuff.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Around the time GH 2 came out I was going to buy it, but then I saw this amazing looking guitar in a Wal-Mart (Lol, it was the worst guitar ever, but looked godly propped where it was) and then turned to my dad and said,

"You know, why get a game when I can learn the real thing?"

He turns to me with a smile and the next night we buy the guitar. It's been about 1 year and 8 months and I've taken to guitar like nothing else (not to mention my family's been pretty suportive seeing as how I got all the great gear I have as gifts), I'm even better than anyone else I know! I guess I can say GH influenced me some?
I saw a Rock Band "bass controller" today with 2 strums bars so you can use your fingers to strum

That doesn't seem like it's going to want people to play furrealz.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15