Hi, I'm looking for a decent quality soundcard to connect to my laptop for under £100, preferrably with usb connection but wouldn't mind hearing firewire options.
Any recommendations???

Cheers.
www.dv247.com
www.dolphinmusic.co.uk
www.millennium-music.co.uk

Those are your best bets, you wont find a huge amount of decent soundcards for less than £100 but these are good places to start looking.

What do yo want it for? How many things will you want to be able to record at once?
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
just want to record my guitar, so the one instrument. the current internal soundcard on my laptop isn't very good quality (which i connect via the lineout on my amp). need it to record over backing tracks/others recordings. I have some software already.
Do these cards under £100 record at least at true cd quality sound???
Appologies, I have gotten it completely wrong!
There are quite a few decent looking interfaces on the market now lol.
Yes, even the cheapest will do CD quality. If you have the facility for firewire I would go with that as it's alot more stable and offers lower latency times.

This one:
http://www.dv247.com/invt/47396/

and this one:
http://www.dv247.com/invt/36114/

Both look good on paper, but I'd do some research before you buy (user reviews and whatnot)
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
cheers very much, been searching around but not managed to find anything with as good value as those 2, but will of course check reviews.
Cheers!!!
Not a problem, digital village are one of my favs now that turnkey has gone down the ****ter.

EDIT: I've lied again! Turnkey is back . That has really made my day, have a look with them to see how they compare pricewise www.turnkey.co.uk
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Last edited by guitaristclass at Dec 1, 2008,
Why not just get one of the Line 6 Toneports? USB (so you don't have to install a soundcard) and they have all of the modelling if you need it, so you can get lots more than you actually paid for.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1