I currently use a Fender MIM Strat (All single coils), and have a Vox DA-5 for an amp, and I don't expect it to make a large change, but considering the fact I might be getting an Agile AL-3000 for Christmas, will that make a somewhat decent change in my tone? A new amp is pretty much out of the question, but I'm just wondering.
Equipment:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Vox DA-5
Boss DS-1

Hoping to get an Agile AL-3000 for Christmas!
I guess I should expect a generally "beefier" sound while using distortion?
Equipment:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Vox DA-5
Boss DS-1

Basically. the mahogany will add some bass punch to it as well, and humbuckers will do the "beefing up."
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
Quote by Ghold125
yea...your going from alder to mahogany and single coils to humbuckers

this.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
^ also you're going from bolt-on neck to set neck, and trem to fixed bridge. it should sound a bit different, yeah, even on a modeller.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It would be a noticeable difference as stated. I have a da5 and a single coiled strat and a humbucker set neck guitar. The difference is huge between them.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What will cleans sound like? How about distorted leads on the neck pickup compared to distorted leads on the neck pickup on my strat (Single coil)?
Equipment:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Vox DA-5
Boss DS-1

Quote by Teh Wheelz
What will cleans sound like? How about distorted leads on the neck pickup compared to distorted leads on the neck pickup on my strat (Single coil)?

Generally fuller at both ends of the spectrum than the singles. Like Bart said, less spank and twang generally and a fuller tone. More richness (?) if that makes sense.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Generally fuller at both ends of the spectrum than the singles. Like Bart said, less spank and twang generally and a fuller tone. More richness (?) if that makes sense.

Kinda what I'm looking for. *Headbangs*
Equipment:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Vox DA-5
Boss DS-1

Also, Humbuckers DO cancel out noise, correct?

Sorry, I'm really a noob. :P
Equipment:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Vox DA-5
Boss DS-1

Yup, that's what they were designed for.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Yup, that's what they were designed for.

Even more sweetness! *Air guitar*

I really hope I get this Agile... *Crosses fingers*
Equipment:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Vox DA-5
Boss DS-1

Quote by Teh Wheelz
Even more sweetness! *Air guitar*

I really hope I get this Agile... *Crosses fingers*

Well, the eliminate 60 cycle hum, if you stand near a computer or a dimmer switch or a fluorescent light you'll get some noise. The wiring in the guitar will still pick up noise as well, but it won't be anything like you get with your strat now.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Bump.
Equipment:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Vox DA-5
Boss DS-1

Quote by bartdevil_metal
What for?

I don't even really know. Other people's input?
Equipment:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Vox DA-5
Boss DS-1