I'm interested in getting one of these in the near future. I'm pretty fluent as far as all the controls go and how everything works except for one thing: the different gears. It seems to me that the different gears are, in essentials, different voices for the amp. Is this true? And if it is true, how different are the voices? What really set this amp apart from the other Splawns and all the other Marshall clones out there is the versatility associated with this amp. I want the plexi cleans, slightly dirty vintage plexi sound, full out brown plexi, 800 hair metal sound, the 800 "Tom Morello" sound, and I like the Super Hot Rodded 800 for the times when I really want to melt faces. I'd be playing a strat and customized Schecter through this. Thoughts?

I also could do with some speaker recommendations s'il vous plait.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

i have no idea, but that's a good question, i wouldn't mind hearing an answer too. i have no money for a QR at the moment, but wouldn't hurt to know for the future.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No ideas anybody?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I wanna know too , Im also curious as to the opinion on the quality of the effects loop that the amplifier comes with i noticed the site mentions its solid state, how has it worked out for splawn owners?
Gear:

Carvin Cobalt-350
LTD Alexi-600
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DD-20
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Boss FZ-5
Dunlop Slash Wah
Quote by m_Soares
I wanna know too , Im also curious as to the opinion on the quality of the effects loop that the amplifier comes with i noticed the site mentions its solid state, how has it worked out for splawn owners?

There's no such thing as a tube driven FX Loop afaik.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
^ there is. whether or not it's a problem, though, is debatable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?