Alright, so I'm going to be buying an SG copy at some point in the future, and I want to know what pickups would be best to go with Gibson Dirty Fingers in the bridge?

Any other info you need to answer, just ask.
-

I was hoping to get a Rise Against-esque sound, if possible.
Amp's a Line 6 Spider III, for now.
Also, feel free to change the Dirty Fingers if you feel necessary.
-

you could first try to change the amp. something like a valveking will do very good. as for the pickups, a Dirty Fingers/PAF Pro set will do nicely. the dirty fingers is a hot pickup, and the PAF is semi-hot, but with awesome cleans, so that is what i would reccomend. also, dont think that the PAF is weak or something, it's not as hot as the Dirty Fingers, but it stil has plenty of bite and harmonics, its just more balanced.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Thanks man. Would you (or anyone) say anything against putting these two pickups on cheapass copy?
-

Quote by Aléx
Thanks man. Would you (or anyone) say anything against putting these two pickups on cheapass copy?

I wouldn't, theoretically you'd have a better sound, but who knows you might like the stock pups, in which case no need to waste money on new pups.
i had a dirty fingers in my viper for a while and i liked it for a bit but after a while i felt it was too unbalanced tonally. very treble based, very clear though. i paired it with a duncan sh-2n and in the middle toggle position i got a nice acousticy tone on my clean channel. they seemed to fill in each others weakness's really well.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by zhunt1130
I wouldn't, theoretically you'd have a better sound, but who knows you might like the stock pups, in which case no need to waste money on new pups.

Cheers. I haven't got the guitar yet, but I'm assuming I wont like the pups, as it's only costing me £120 for the whole thing.
-

Alex , i don`t know if this will help but i recently bought a westfield sg copy ( i was laid off work and sold my epi les paul custom to raise some money for bills etc) and was so suprised how well it plays and sounds, i admit i`ve only been playing a few months and some one with more experience would probably be able to pick up on it`s bad points but sound wise i love it with the standard pups , i play it through a fender xd super champ amp and of course this could have a big bearing on the quality of sound, i did have seymore duncan alnico pro 2 pups in the epi lp and didn`t hear a massive difference in sound from the standard pups i`d try the standard ones first to see how you get on just my humble opinion
yes all six strings buzz !! but it`s unique isn`t it
seymour duncan invader neck pickup to balance out the trebley-ness of the gibson dirty fingers. medium-hot passive that pairs well with very hot bridge pickups. totally unique tone.
the Invader isn't medium hot at all, it's high output and sounds like balls - in the neck of an SG it'll just sound like sludge.
However, more to the point...

TS, forget changing pickups - you're in no position to evaluate them given the amp you have. If you can't get a sound you like then you need to change the amp, the pickups won't be an issue.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com