hey guys, don't know if this is the right place to post this but I've just stumbled across a two chord intro peice for a new song and am stuck with where to go next.

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

xo

it goes (so far)

e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0----------------------------------0
b---------------2---------------------------------2-----------------------------3-----------3---------------------3---------------3p2h3
g-------4-----------4------------------4--------------4----2h4p2------2-------2--------2--------------2-------2----------
d---2------2------------2--------2---------2-------------------------0------------------------------0----
a-0--------------------------0----------------------------------------------------------------------------
e----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure weather to go down to E as the root or what please help any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

xo
If you could record it or guitarpro it it'd be a great help as i have no idea of the tempo's or changes from just tab.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
My advice to you would be to either record that and then solo over it or record a solo and just think about the progression while you play. Then, listen to that recording (whatever it may be). I often find that listening to a song helps me with writing it, often times equally as much as playing it. If you're listening to it (preferably with a guitar close by), then you'll hear which way you want it to go, rather than just playing something and letting your head get in the way of the thought. Also, you might decide that you'd prefer to accent this note, or this beat, or whatever, instead of that one. It might also happen that you will want to play that on a different instrument or something.

If it were my song, I probably would be stuck on it for quite a while. I don't know where I'd wanna go with that (though a Dsus2 chord probably wouldn't come up in something I'd write). Just play around with it. If it's at all possible, record it. That is the best thing to do when you're stumped on a song and don't know where to go with it.

Like I was saying at this beginning of this post, though... Solo over it, and listen to what you're playing. Like, really listen to it. Think about what chord might be implied there. Think about if you'd prefer to go to maybe a chorus in a minor key, or maybe change the key of the song in there somewhere. These are but two ideas that you may get while listening. There are a number of different things that you could do, and it's ultimately up to you. The best you'll get here is suggestions.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)

Amaj                                                               Dmaj
e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0----------------------------------0
b---------------2---------------------------------2-----------------------------3-----------3---------------------3---------------3p2h3
g-------4-----------4------------------4--------------4----2h4p2------2-------2--------2--------------2-------2----------
d---2------2------------2--------2---------2-------------------------0------------------------------0----
a-0--------------------------0----------------------------------------------------------------------------
e----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basically, your song is implying two chords. Amaj and Dmaj. Imo you should imply major or minor tonality on that Dmaj chord, so try to use an F or an F# somewhere after I noted Dmaj over your riff.

That's all well and good, but judging from your question you want to resolve. To do this, you should play a similar pattern but change the root of this pattern to Emaj.

When you finish this pattern, I would recommend moving stepwise (as in, by scalar run, sort of) down (or up) to A. So you could finish with these notes: B-A or G#-A. Completely your decision.

That's just my advice though.