So me and the wife had quite the conversation when I was at home at noon.

the wife wants me to sell all my 2-seater / sporty cars because well, "i'm a family man who has a child".

and i think this is ridiculous! i've worked hard for all the vehicles i own and the ones she defintely wants me to get rid of are the ones that mean something to me.
like my 1989 Corvette, symbolizes the year i was born and the year my grandfather died.

so i was wondering UG, what should i do?
right now i've decided to camp out at the office until i have a firm idea of what to do.
tell her these exact words....Bish stop being gay.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
tell her to make you a dam sammich and to only speak when spoken to.
these women need to learn!
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Uhm, if you worked for them, you paid for them, then you decide the fate of your vehicles. No ifs ands or butts. Your maid, i mean wife, has no say in this.
she wants you to sell ALL of your cars - how many do you have? if you have fifty, then fair enough; if it's just the corvette, then i would try to reason with her.

but seriously, you're 19 and you have a wife and child? you must have either got really lucky or really unlucky.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
sell your child, family man problem sorted
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
huh???? lol my dad only sold his MR2 when my lil bro was born... and even then the 4 of u rode round in it for a while! BUT... if u Must sell it... buy a 1989 merkur XR4TI... i love mine

EDIT: just realised 1988 may be the last year of XRs... but im sure there was a 89' scorpio!
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
she might be concerned about money? because generally a "sporty 2 seater" has higher insurance costs. but, if funds aren't an issue, tell her that when you have the need for a bigger car, such as if you have more children, then you'll get one. besides, this 'vette could quite possibly have better gas mileage than whatever she would want you to buy.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I think you should not get married and have a kid when you're 20.

+10,000

obviously your not telling us both sides of the story, im going to assume she wants you to sell it for financial reasons

if I were you I would sell my corvette and put the money in the bank for my kids education rather then make up excuses as to why to keep it, such as the year it was made
tell her to **** off. it apparantly means a lot t you, tell her so much it means to you, and if she cant accept it, tell her to jog on.

end of
I think its ridiculous that you're my age and you own more than one sports car and are married with a kid.

But as far as what you do goes, if you can afford to have a family car and your sports cars, why not? If she just wants you to get rid of your cars even though you can afford it (can you?) then its sound like she being a hormonal psycho bitch. No offense intended.
You can park them at my house.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by tands
+10,000

obviously your not telling us both sides of the story, im going to assume she wants you to sell it for financial reasons

if I were you I would sell my corvette and put the money in the bank for my kids education rather then make up excuses as to why to keep it, such as the year it was made

she wants me to sell them because everytime i go out for a drive in them with or without her, she worries about me.
i honestly don't see why she should be worried. i've been driving for 3 years, never even scratched my parents car when i was learning, never been in a crash, AND i have an air brake, and Z class license. hell, i only do 70 kph on a road posted 80 kph
Quote by tands
+10,000

well... maybe he loves his car! i mean, if i HAD to... i would sell my car for my kid... BUT, i would do what ever it would take to have both... cars arent "just another hobby" for some people... or this guy could be a broke dick thats btichin to bitch :/ i hope its the first one though lol
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Quote by djmay71
she wants me to sell them because everytime i go out for a drive in them with or without her, she worries about me.
i honestly don't see why she should be worried. i've been driving for 3 years, never even scratched my parents car when i was learning, never been in a crash, AND i have an air brake, and Z class license. hell, i only do 70 kph on a road posted 80 kph

Dude you have no idea but you already lost.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Wait you were born in 1989 and you have a Corvette? **** I've been wasting my life.
Quote by djmay71

thats stupid, meet half way and wear a helmet

Quote by amcrambler
cars arent "just another hobby" for some people...

maybe its just me but my kids education will come before my hobby w/e it may be

edit: scratch that, im just not going to have kids
Tell her that if you need another car you'll buy it, but until then you'll drive the 'vette. Tell her that the car has sentimental value to you, and you don't understand why she wants you to sell it (obviously you don't) Try to at least get her to tell you the reason she wants you to get rid of it (10to1 she thinks you drive it to pick up chicks)

/Hates corvettes
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
why the hell would you need several sports cars? especially when you only drive 70kmph! and especially when you're already married and therefore don't need to impress any women!

and btw, i think it's a LOT better having children at 20 than having them at 40 or something!
She wants you to throw everything of symbolic value out so that the only thing left of symbolic value is her, therefore you have to give all your attention to her. If you don't do it, she'll consider your relationship a failed one and always try to make it difficult until you dump her.

Best option would be to cut her into several pieces and sell your baby to the Chinese. Who needs a family when you've got cars
Quote by Kamikaze21
why the hell would you need several sports cars? especially when you only drive 70kmph! and especially when you're already married and therefore don't need to impress any women!

and btw, i think it's a LOT better having children at 20 than having them at 40 or something!

well, most of my vehicles are show vehicles. so far during the year i entered most of them into car shows, i've won close to $5,000 with them.

and its not like she wants the money, hell i'm making over $1000 a week just driving around town with cars from different dealers and writing reports on them

so i think i'll just go home, and tell her i'll sell my huge Chevy Silverado instead.
and if that doesn't work, i'll buy her some nice jewelery and we'll go on vacation to florida or someplace warm.
women like shiny things...right?
z class? lmao I have never heard of that, maybe its from another country or something.
D;
Tell her to f*ck off and to get her ass back to cleaning.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by djmay71
well, most of my vehicles are show vehicles. so far during the year i entered most of them into car shows, i've won close to $5,000 with them.

and its not like she wants the money, hell i'm making over $1000 a week just driving around town with cars from different dealers and writing reports on them

so i think i'll just go home, and tell her i'll sell my huge Chevy Silverado instead.
and if that doesn't work, i'll buy her some nice jewelery and we'll go on vacation to florida or someplace warm.
women like shiny things...right?

so is it just about your security then?
because if you're a test driver that's quite ridiculous as you kind of have to drive..

but still i'd say sell some!

1. 1000 a week isn't that much (of course a lot more than i earn but still..)
2. you could safe up for a nice big house for your family
3. i really think "that car was built the year i was born and my grampa died" is a pretty weak argument, sry.. and it probably also doesn't apply to all of your cars..

just get rid of some of the cars and tell her you drive safely!
If you like the corvette, keep it, but if she wants you to get rid of some of your other cars (How many do you have) do it, make a stand and tell her, I'll get rid of some cars, but not that one. It really doesn't seem like this is something worth fighting with your wife over.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Tell her to shut the hell up and that the cars are important to you.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by Kamikaze21
because if you're a test driver that's quite ridiculous as you kind of have to drive..

3. i really think "that car was built the year i was born and my grampa died" is a pretty weak argument, sry.. and it probably also doesn't apply to all of your cars..

52k a year is pretty damn good for someone just out of college
Quote by GeneralGrim
Quote by Kamikaze21

1k a week is a lot bro, that's 52k a year for a 19 y/o with a spouse that has another decent job you could live pretty well, some 30 y/o's don't even make that much.
D;
^of course it's a lot for a 19y/o, but it's not that much for a family father.. it's enough but it doesn't allow you to live a life in luxury or whatever.. and also, you don't know if you'll still earn that much in a few years, a lot can happen!
Quote by djmay71
So me and the wife had quite the conversation when I was at home at noon.

the wife wants me to sell all my 2-seater / sporty cars because well, "i'm a family man who has a child".

and i think this is ridiculous! i've worked hard for all the vehicles i own and the ones she defintely wants me to get rid of are the ones that mean something to me.
like my 1989 Corvette, symbolizes the year i was born and the year my grandfather died.

so i was wondering UG, what should i do?
right now i've decided to camp out at the office until i have a firm idea of what to do.

wow, a corvette and married at 20? where do ya work?
1k is good for the us, 52k a year, and things are cheaper for the us too.

my mom when i was 6, would have say $800 a MONTH with me and my sister to look after. AND I NEVER FELT POOR. i always got what i saw and liked at bday and xmas, we live a good life. and now my mom is married again and has a good job they are doing very well indeed.
but 52k a year for a 19yo is a dream. i am 19 in dec and wish i could have that money. i get say like $65o a month in us terms and i am finding it hard to survive with all my uni stuff
If you're making money with them, why the **** is she complaining?

Tell her to shut the **** up (worded nicer, and accompanied with a shiny), and to let you do what YOU want to do with your hard earned cars.

....where do you work and how do I get that job?!

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance