Okay, let me start off saying that I have a Epiphone SG special ( a low end guitar). Im getting pretty good on it, BUT the G string and only the G string slips out of tune soooo easy. I can even hear it. Ill play the string solitarily and I will actually hear it slipping down drastically. What can I do to fix this? Sorry im a noob.

EDIT: I also just realized that this may be seen as a "joke". Its not.
That's weird... on my Epiphone Les Paul Special II, the tuner for the G string is unbelievably tight, and is a bitch to put on new strings because of it. I opened up the casing and it seemed fine, and even greased the main gear. Didn't help much. So yeah Idk what the deal is. i have a problem with the same string(tuner) on my Epi.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
im thinking either get new tuners or maybe you didnt wind the string right or tight enough
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
Yea christmas is rolling around so im not going to get new tuners because im expecting a new guitar. I also changed the strings about 2 weeks ago. Anything else that may be causing the problem?
I have the same problem with my Epiphone Les Paul Special II, probably just a problem with the cheap machine heads
lol i clicked on this thread cos i thought it was gonna be about the g strings that women wear.

but anyway yea cos of those low end guitars u expect their machine heads not to be the best but whenever i buy low end ones i always check them and if they suck change them.
A buddy of mine has one of those guitars, and it happens to him too...if we do a 5 minute jam, he'll have lost tune in that string. It's incredibly frustrating.

Try tightening the machine head.

If that doesn't work, you may need new and BETTER ones.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
I've been playing guitar for 3 years but I still laugh at G string haha
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
after you tune it band the string or wind it tighter not looser so the string doesn't get caught behind the nut. all g strings are like this to some degree or another
I have the same problem (not to that extreme) and it drives me crazy. That seems to be the only string that goes out of tune with the whammy bar. I have tightened my tuners really tight but it still happens and I use 9's so its not like they are huge strings. I have thought about locking tuners or mabe replacing the nut with a locking nut. I am getting a Schecter Damien with a Floyd Rose for christmas so that wont be an issue there.
proud american