Page 1 of 5
I wanted to ask the noble pit dwellers what they thought of their mods? This is not an attempt to overthrow them or to insult them. This is just a thread where people will let the world know what their feelings towards them are. This thread will possibly be closed, but i decided that the risk was worth it. That way the mods will know how they could improve, or they will just close this thread and possibly ban me for great justice.

My opinion on them is that the mods overexaggerate and slightly abuse the power they are given by assuming that just because they find something annoying, such as certain memes, everyone else here does.

Do it or get raped by a ram.
I like them, only thing I don't like is that sometimes a person will report a thread that hasn't broken any rules or doesn't deserve to be reported at all and the mods will close the thread immediately. I just sometimes feel that they close the thread without reading it. :/

Don't hurt me mods.
I think they're doing a good job considering what they have to put up with. Plus they do it for absolutely nothing.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
idk any of them
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Considering this is a forum of immature dolts (not all of you, but there are a good amount), they do a good job. There's rules, and when broken, they give warnings. It seems pretty simple to me. If they were too ignorant to know the rules, that's their fault, not the mods.
Quote by americnidiot
Considering this is a forum of immature dolts (not all of you, but there are a good amount), they do a good job. There's rules, and when broken, they give warnings. It seems pretty simple to me. If they were too ignorant to know the rules, that's their fault, not the mods.

Who are you to tell me I'm immature I'm as serious and grown up and intellectual as everyone else here...
Quote by thecoolestninja
carmel seems to be quite immature and biased at times...just my opinion.

Really?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012212
She makes me laugh when she decides to post in a thread she closes.

I have no issues with any UGer that has become a mod. I think the ones I've talked to are pretty cool people.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Carmel Pwns.
Meh! Pwns.
The Hurt Within Pwns.
Rankles Pwns.
Zappp Pwns.
Till from Zenig Pwns
Slut Pwns
Medick Pwns.
Emad Pwns.

Notice I left Frenchy out..

Na... Just kidding. I love em All.
They do have a hard job, considering what kind spammers and idiots this amazing internet generation spits out these days, and I commend them for putting up with it.

Most of the mods seem pretty cool and know what their doing and remain polite. Carmel_l seems kinda mean though. I've had good dealings with Carmel, but she is a bit too harsh and almost sometimes seems biased. She knows the rules very well, but enforces them with an iron fist.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by horloko
Who are you to tell me I'm immature I'm as serious and grown up and intellectual as everyone else here...

I'll rephrase that. Most of the regular users are fine, but they have to deal with a lot of newer, less mature users who post "i cum blood" in every thread or something of the sort. I'd get annoyed with them, and they don't get paid, so I'd say they do fine with what they're given.
Quote by americnidiot

This. although I agree about the whole "closing without checking" thing. that bugs the heck out of me. They do good for the fact they aren't paid. I've seen many forums that are horribly modded.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
I think the rules are a little stringent sometimes, but that's not the mods' fault. The mods all seem pretty cool.
Death to Ovation haters!
when they close a thread because it has an ONLY thread, i get annoyed, sometimes something isnt suitable for an only thread, or it may even be dead.

i can say for a fact that i dont go on any onlys purely as i dont know if they are active and i cbf checking.

other than that, all spam and stuff gets delt with quickly, so kudos to the moddos
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by metaldud536
Yaw, that Carmel seems like a meany sometimes. I like the mods who put their input in threads like Meh!
meh! is still a column faggot at heart

(You Know I loves ya man )
Quote by Hale_91
why did that flesh lite thread get closed anyways?

Spam. If anywhere it should've gone to the sex thread.
He also didn't leave room for a discussion, he merely made a statement, which is what the blogs are for.

EDIT:
Quote by Hale_91
i can say for a fact that i dont go on any onlys purely as i dont know if they are active and i cbf checking.

A list of all popular 'ONLY' threads and advice threads can be found here

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=891308

People should really just open their eyes
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Dec 1, 2008,
Their all hateful wastes of cement blockage.
With a side of Texas toast.

They do get a little heavy handed.
I don't see how the spammers are hurting anyone.
Maybe the dudes with "offensive" or "questionable" material (the kinda stuff Chris Hanson loves), but otherwise, their tyranny is null.
I wanna see this place overrun by trolls for one day...

I hate the snitches moar than anything.
Bunch of yellow-bellied, spineless lapdogs.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Spam. If anywhere it should've gone to the sex thread.
He also didn't leave room for a discussion, he merely made a statement, which is what the blogs are for.

fair enough, it was fairly... open closed.
*Enter Sig Here*
Originally Posted by carmel_l
How does the warning feel?

That's a dumb ass comment and its just as much spam as that thread was. Wasn't even funny.
I think the Mods are fine. Sure they might act kinda jerkish at times, but look who they put up with. I have more problems with the kiss-ass members.
Who are these mods that you speak of?

And have I taught them well?
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I do think that most of the mods do a good job, though.

And I think it helps when they actually participate in threads like regular users do. It lets us all know that they aren't d-bags.
I like them all as individuals/users, but I don't like the ways they work as mods sometimes.

When I see a thread that was closed without a mod posting at the end, I get frustrated. Threads seem to be closed for no reason, or a reason that is too subtle for us to learn anything from the lock. And it makes the pit boring, a lot of us agreed on that in a thread last week.

I'd prefer it if the mods would openly address us on their reasoning whenever they close a thread.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I think the Mods are fine. Sure they might act kinda jerkish at times, but look who they put up with. I have more problems with the kiss-ass members.

The kiss-asses are the worst.
I may have seemed a little harsh in my other post, but this is what I was really trying to convey.

They should make a super-mod, one to rule the land of UG.

Damn, that sounds really retarded.
And it would be a bad idea to give one person supreme power over the boards.
Scratch that.
Quote by huevos
The kiss-asses are the worst.
I may have seemed a little harsh in my other post, but this is what I was really trying to convey.

They should make a super-mod, one to rule the land of UG.

Damn, that sounds really retarded.
And it would be a bad idea to give one person supreme power over the boards.
Scratch that.

Sad part is, a lot of the kiss-ass people are the most liked around here. So speaking out against them gets you shunned.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Sad part is, a lot of the kiss-ass people are the most liked around here. So speaking out against them gets you shunned.

Are we talking about the members that kiss ass, or the members that constantly get their asses kissed by said ass-kissers?

Because there's one specific person on this board that I just can't stand, and it's not their fault. It's just that they're always getting praise for whatever they do.

Oh well. Both parties are about equal.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
Are we talking about the members that kiss ass, or the members that constantly get their asses kissed by said ass-kissers?

Because there's one specific person on this board that I just can't stand, and it's not their fault. It's just that they're always getting praise for whatever they do.

Oh well. Both parties are about equal.

Both really. Those who kiss up to the Mods, and those who kiss Kensai's ass.
Quote by Metal-X

You tried, but, oh wise one, they do not listen I suggest teaching them using FORCE.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
I wasn't talking about Kensai (he's alright IMO), but yeah, a large amount of people suck.

I don't mind him either. It's is fan club....
Great bunch of guys and gals

Bit strick sometimes, but they do keep everything in its place

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Metal-X

you have taught me well Sensei.

i haven't noticed you around much lately.
Never gave them an excuse to have them do anything to me, I don't mind playing by their rules, and everything gets along fine, so personally I don't really see a problem.
Page 1 of 5