So my roommate was playing Guitar Hero: World Tour the other day and was scrolling through GH Tunes the other day when he came upon a custom song entitled "Stairway."

When he pressed "Listen," he was then subjected to a polyphonic but very well arranged cover of "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Now, while I have to admit that it was hilarious and a damn good idea, it made me wonder some things that I thought I'd share with the Pit:

Has Rick Rolling gone too far?
Is it okay (or hell, even funny) for Rick Rolling to spread to different mediums?
Will we be watching the next episode of Family Guy when after the intro, an animated "Never Gonna Give You Up" music video starts playing?
Or should Rick Rolling be kept to YouTube?
Or should it just be completely forgotten about at this point?

tl;dr: Read it or find another thread, moron.
I may be the only one who likes Rick Rolling.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
rickrolling is so popular now. Everybody knows what it is. It's ****ing annoying, none of them are aware where these memes come from and 4chan, and when that site becomes popular everybody will see all this gore ****.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Apparently Rick Rolls are still famous enough to have threads made about them.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
It gives me a reason to listen to my Lord and savior, Rick Astley.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by MedicreDemon
rickrolling is so popular now. Everybody knows what it is. It's ****ing annoying, none of them are aware where these memes come from and 4chan, and when that site becomes popular everybody will see all this gore ****.

And that will be the end of the internet.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by MedicreDemon

You're right. The whole country has been rick roll'd at the Macy Thanksgiving parade.
Here is a list of epic real life rickrolls.

I fuckin' dare you to click it.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
Quote by archangels666
So my roommate was playing Guitar Hero: World Tour the other day and was scrolling through GH Tunes the other day when he came upon a custom song entitled "Stairway."

When he pressed "Listen," he was then subjected to a polyphonic but very well arranged cover of "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Now, while I have to admit that it was hilarious and a damn good idea, it made me wonder some things that I thought I'd share with the Pit:

Has Rick Rolling gone too far?
Is it okay (or hell, even funny) for Rick Rolling to spread to different mediums?
Will we be watching the next episode of Family Guy when after the intro, an animated "Never Gonna Give You Up" music video starts playing?
Or should Rick Rolling be kept to YouTube?
Or should it just be completely forgotten about at this point?

tl;dr: Read it or find another thread, moron.

Seeing as Seth McFarlane takes jokes from a decade ago and thinks they're funny, you can expect to see that on an episode of Family Guy 20 years from now.
i have never found it funny.. ever, its not even annoying, its just a waste of time.

granted, i have in my possession the ultimate rick rolling link
*Enter Sig Here*
i prefer to see a rickroll on the internets, i hate hearing people talking about it in real life and thinking its the greatest thing ever
Gamertag: Thugzbunny6
add me and say you are from the pit
Quote by angus_young_32
Yes.

I learned that the hard way. I got banned for it.

me too
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
you wont get reported.

its not like you tried to get someone to click on it with out them knowing its rock.

its quite obvious what it will lead too.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by angus_young_32
Yes.

I learned that the hard way. I got banned for it.

So did I ):

And yeah its too mainstream now, kill it before it becomes bigger.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Family Guy already rick rolled us.

Quote by The Master Plan
And yeah its too mainstream now, kill it before it becomes bigger.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
Quote by Hale_91
i have never found it funny.. ever, its not even annoying, its just a waste of time.

granted, i have in my possession the ultimate rick rolling link

grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
did the smooch thing work for you? i just went on it, and the video wasnt working

interestingly, its still REALLY annoying even with out the video lol
*Enter Sig Here*