Do you think once you graduate high school you should have to serve in the military?

Page 1 of 5
My school is talking about this now and I say you should not be forced but its hard convincing them. For the most part they agree we should have to serve in the military for x amount of time once graduating. What do you think about this?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I think your school sounds like a group of stuck up pricks.

Edit: wow, that sounded harsh... but that really is pretty stupid.
Last edited by GrungeJunkie at Dec 1, 2008,
No.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
No no no

We have enough people, we have enough weapons. Adding more people (in a compulsory way) would send our already inflated military budget to astronomical heights.

**** don't ask don't tell. I'd tell so fast and I'd get my ass kicked out before any hot military men got near it just because I'm against it that bad. (Military men )
no
Quote by :-D
I once saw somebody carry a Guitar Hero controller in a case to protect it. He probably should have packed his testicles in there too, seeing as he won't need to use those for quite a while.

Explorer Club member #4
PM JEST87 to join
NO. If you don't want to be there we don't want you there.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
not unless we have a direct say in what conflicts we partake in
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
no.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I'll level with you.
I'll do 2-3 years of service.
Then I get to go to college for free, ONLY if I can pass the stringent entrance exams present in most countries (for people from outside the US, every idiot with a couple dollars can go to college so a degree means ****).
That's my fix.
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
i wonder if that s how china got a 22m stong army.

i think everyone should have to learn basic first aid. thats about it
*Enter Sig Here*
not much could get me to join the service.

as selfish as it sounds id rather support the troops on american ground.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I think that is violating some of your rights if you live in the US, or anywhere really... No way people should be forced to be trained for murder.
No. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard all day.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
I don't think so, but I'm also not some anti-military retard either. Military service should be voluntary unless we are loosing a war badly and need the troops, even then, you should be allowed to choose your branch of service and specialty (except for coast guard, p*ssies... not saying coast guard is bad, just that is the default for people who don't want to see action)
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by NemX162
I think that is violating some of your rights if you live in the US, or anywhere really... No way people should be forced to be trained for murder.

Wrong, the rights that Americans enjoy are not the same as the rights that people of other countries enjoy.

There are countries with compulsory military service.
it should only be nesscessary if there is a war going on against a very large country and we have a very good chance of losing the war otherwse.
Where do you live? It really depends on if your country needs you that desperately or not. If your not willing to sacrifice two years of service (which btw only 5% of people actually see combat, so dont assume you'll get shot at) then you dont deserve to reap the rights your government allows you. Anyways, I think this should only be in dire situations like Israel. Everyone still deserves the right to choose.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

Some countries do do this. Finland and Germany spring to mind.

I think it's pretty unnecessary in most countires where there are plenty of people wiling to enter the military without being forced.
Heck no.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by r3conmarine90
Where do you live? It really depends on if your country needs you that desperately or not. If your not willing to sacrifice two years of service (which btw only 5% of people actually see combat, so dont assume you'll get shot at) then you dont deserve to reap the rights your government allows you. Anyways, I think this should only be in dire situations like Israel. Everyone still deserves the right to choose.

Yea because only when you're training people to murder a subclass shoud it be forced....
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Your school can't actually make you so don't worry about it.
And no, it should not be mandatory.

Quote by r3conmarine90

Are you just stupid or something?
Last edited by isaachary at Dec 1, 2008,
No.

I think military training should be encouraged. For the sake of fitness, self-defense, and survival skills, etc. Military service shouldn't be mandatory, but the training could be beneficial to society.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
In the US it isn't needed. How our economic system is setup the poor are forced into service based on class. Service becomes the ONLY way that these kids can go to college or better themselves.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Training is one thing, but shipping people out to a conflict would have to be optional.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
If anyone who is forced to serve in the military dies in a war, I would consider whoever forced them to serve to have murdered them. I think most people probably would.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Dec 1, 2008,
your school has no power to do that, if they do then move.

Also, unless you live in Israel or somewhere where war is constant it seems like a dumb idea. It'd waste a lot of tax money to train a whole bunch of kids to fight in a war and they only wind up hanging around a base and masturbating for a couple of years.
Quote by TunerAddict
Yea because only when you're training people to murder a subclass shoud it be forced....

That is so damn true. Isreal should get it's a s s kicked in for the supression of refugees.
Last edited by Pizza The Hut at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by Pizza The Hut
That is so damn true.

I do what I can...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

No, the government does not own me. Folks in Washington have everything all twisted.
i don't support the government, and i don't necessarily see them as the ones giving ME the ****ing right to do anything. i didn't ask for their help or leadership, so i don't feel subject to any of their laws or standards. i do as i please in accordance to my own morals.
Page 1 of 5