Page 1 of 3
Taken from here,

"U.S. intelligence agencies warned their Indian counterparts in mid-October of a potential attack "from the sea against hotels and business centers in Mumbai," a U.S. intelligence official tells ABCNews.com. A second government source said specific locations, including the Taj hotel, were listed."
Warning about a potential attack is like saying it might rain tomorrow.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Anyone else's conspiracy theory senses tingling?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Jackal58
Warning about a potential attack is like saying it might rain tomorrow.

This wasn't just a warning of an attack; it was gave specific details. Reminds me of the warning the Bush Administration was given about what would happen on 9/11.
Quote by TunerAddict
Anyone else's conspiracy theory senses tingling?

Yeah, mine does a little.
Weren't there also warning prior to the 9/11 terrorist attacks that shit was going down?

People should really start listening.

Edit: damnit, you beat me to it
cool. thanks.

on a more humanitarian note, those attacks were horrible, and hopefully all the families can have some peace.
The US probably indirectly caused those, because it's usually not the Canadians who cause problems in foreign countries, its the americans, and us Canadians get labeled as americans because we come from the same continent. So thank you US for causing just about every conflict in the past 15 years.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by muse-ik
cool. thanks.

on a more humanitarian note, those attacks were horrible, and hopefully all the families can have some peace.
The US probably indirectly caused those, because it's usually not the Canadians who cause problems in foreign countries, its the americans, and us Canadians get labeled as americans because we come from the same continent. So thank you US for causing just about every conflict in the past 15 years.

Canada has soldiers in the middle-east. That last statement is incredibly ignorant as well.
Quote by muse-ik
cool. thanks.

Exactly.
Quote by Spamwise
This wasn't just a warning of an attack; it was gave specific details. Reminds me of the warning the Bush Administration was given about what would happen on 9/11.

Specific details would include date, time, number of adversaries, means of conveyance, types of weaponry involved, all targets involved, European and American civilians are specific targets not Um you guys might get attacked in the next week or so including this hotel.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by muse-ik
cool. thanks.

Thanks for being a jerk about it
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by muse-ik
cool. thanks.

You honestly think we have control over what our goverment does?? wow...
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by Spamwise

Canada has soldiers in the middle-east. That last statement is incredibly ignorant as well.

Yeah, we have a loooot of them there...
Quote by Jackal58
Specific details would include date, time, number of adversaries, means of conveyance, types of weaponry involved, all targets involved, European and American civilians are specific targets not Um you guys might get attacked in the next week or so including this hotel.

If one finds out that an attack will very possibly be carried out from the sea, you would think that he would increase security around that area. You also think they would increase security around the hotels that were listed.

Yeah, we have a loooot of them there...

Doesn't matter.The Canadian government still agrees with the war, otherwise they wouldn't have soldiers in the area.
Quote by muse-ik
So thank you US for causing just about every conflict in the past 15 years.

The United States is not to blame for Indian terrorists in Mumbai. Indian terrorists are. Just because the United States is involved in an altercation in the Middle East does not mean they are the cause for all terrorism and wars.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Eh nothing we can do. unless we protest like they did in the 60s... Go green and stop the war. They did it why cant we? History tends to repeat itself, and that time should be now.
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
Doesn't matter.The Canadian government still agrees with the war, otherwise they wouldn't have soldiers in the area.

No, the Canadian government doesn't agree. You know what's called ONU, they have troops there too. They want that war to happen...?
Quote by LaGrange
You honestly think we have control over what our goverment does?? wow...

Hum, who elects your government?
Quote by Spamwise
If one finds out that an attack will very possibly be carried out from the sea, you would think that he would increase security around that area. You also think they would increase security around the hotels that were listed.

So your solution would be to do what? Shut down Mumbai for the next 6 weeks? Evacuate the city? Shut down the hotel mentioned? How do you secure an area? Without a timetable less vague than "In the future" there is nothing you can do.
And how do you know they didn't increase security?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi

No, the Canadian government doesn't agree. You know what's called ONU, they have troops there too. They want that war to happen...?

They would pull their soldiers out if they didn't agree. Several countries have already.

Hum, who elects your government?

That's the only control we have. Guess what, candidates lie sometimes!

So your solution would be to do what? Shut down Mumbai for the next 6 weeks? Evacuate the city? Shut down the hotel mentioned? How do you secure an area? Without a timetable less vague than "In the future" there is nothing you can do.

You can increase security without shutting down the city..Hell, this isn't the first act of terrorism in India lately. It seems like it would be common sense to increase security in an area full of westerners, considering that westerners are the target of most terror attacks.
Quote by Spamwise
You can increase security without shutting down the city..Hell, this isn't the first act of terrorism in India lately. It seems like it would be common sense to increase security in an area full of westerners, considering that westerners are the target of most terror attacks.

You can increase security and still get your ass shot off.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
You can increase security and still get your ass shot off.

Of course. I never said otherwise.
Quote by RHCP94
The United States is not to blame for Indian terrorists in Mumbai. Indian terrorists are. Just because the United States is involved in an altercation in the Middle East does not mean they are the cause for all terrorism and wars.

+1
most terrorists in the middle east are different than the ones involved in Mumbai. Get your facts on the India-Pakistan situation first, it dates back to when the British were there and when the two countries split(so if you're gonna blame anyone, blame the british! jk, uk people are cool)
the terrorists in the middle east that we think of more commonly are the ones fighting for jihad and radical muslim stuff, while the stuff in india is mainly about land
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
There are ist threats on every single location in the world every single day...

Well, maybe Im exaggerating but what Im saying is there are so many different threats on so many different places so often that taking every single one seriously would be impossible and impractical.
That's the only control we have. Guess what, candidates lie sometimes!

What a f**ked up country. You don't even know if your president wants to kill everybody for money or not.
Quote by eti0
What a f**ked up country. You don't even know if your president wants to kill everybody for money or not.

So, I'm guessing you think that you know of every motive each party in your system has? Come on. Politicians in every county lie.
Quote by Spamwise

Security was increased, and then it was taken back down the day before the attacks.
Either your source is biased, or ignorant of all of the facts.
Quote by eti0

no c'mon, we're not that f'd up. show me one country that doesn't have a politician that has lied and i'l show you a liar
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
^Here's what CNN says:

"WASHINGTON (CNN) — The United States warned the Indian government about a potential maritime attack against Mumbai at least a month before last week’s massacre in the country’s financial capital left nearly 180 dead, a U.S. counterterrorism official told CNN.

U.S. intelligence indicated that a group might enter the country by water and launch an attack on Mumbai, said the source, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

India has made clear that it believes last week’s coordinated attacks in Mumbai originated in Pakistan, but the Indian government is under pressure to explain the lapse of security that allowed the siege to occur.

Pakistani authorities say Islamabad has not received any evidence that militants from within its borders carried out the attacks, but have vowed to fully cooperate in the investigation. Suspicion has fallen on Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, a Pakistan-based terror group allied with al Qaeda, even though it has denied responsibility for the attacks. "

I've not been able to find any sources that agree with what you say. Do you happen to have any?
Quote by Spamwise
Of course. I never said otherwise.

No but you attempted to imply a certain amount of culpability on the part of the Indian authorities. You implied that the Bush administration knew 9/11 was going to happen.

I know how to secure an area. I've done it before. You build bunkers and gun emplacements. You bulldoze an area out 300 meters from your emplacement and kill anything that walks into it. That is security. Anything else just irritates people and creates a false sense of security. There is no fucking security.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Fun fact is that nobody seem to care in the US. And no, I don't know the motives of each parties but I know their principals. There isn't only two party. If the one elected go crazy like yours did, he will get his *ss kicked by the others united to get him off like it's happening today with Harper.
This was obviously the US and India working together so they can create a reason to invade Pakistan...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by Jackal58
No but you attempted to imply a certain amount of culpability on the part of the Indian authorities. You implied that the Bush administration knew 9/11 was going to happen.

I know how to secure an area. I've done it before. You build bunkers and gun emplacements. You bulldoze an area out 300 meters from your emplacement and kill anything that walks into it. That is security. Anything else just irritates people and creates a false sense of security. There is no fucking security.

And now we know why Jackal is no longer welcome at his local neighbourhood watch meetings.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
And now we know why Jackal is no longer welcome at his local neighbourhood watch meetings.

Ya it was the "school bus" incident.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

If you have information and you don't act on it, then yes you are partly at fault.

I'm not talking that major. The US' security has become much more tight, yet it isn't anything like that.

Fun fact is that nobody seem to care in the US. And no, I don't know the motives of each parties but I know their principals. There isn't only two party. If the one elected go crazy like yours did, he will get his *ss kicked by the others united to get him off like it's happening today with Harper.

Lots of people care in the US. Uh, yeah, we know what each candidate stands for too. That doesn't mean we know what they're going to do.

Also, there are a LOT more than just two parties. If you're going to try to bad mouth a country, at least know something about it.
Quote by Spamwise
^Here's what CNN says:

"WASHINGTON (CNN) — The United States warned the Indian government about a potential maritime attack against Mumbai at least a month before last week’s massacre in the country’s financial capital left nearly 180 dead, a U.S. counterterrorism official told CNN.

U.S. intelligence indicated that a group might enter the country by water and launch an attack on Mumbai, said the source, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

India has made clear that it believes last week’s coordinated attacks in Mumbai originated in Pakistan, but the Indian government is under pressure to explain the lapse of security that allowed the siege to occur.

Pakistani authorities say Islamabad has not received any evidence that militants from within its borders carried out the attacks, but have vowed to fully cooperate in the investigation. Suspicion has fallen on Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, a Pakistan-based terror group allied with al Qaeda, even though it has denied responsibility for the attacks. "

I've not been able to find any sources that agree with what you say. Do you happen to have any?

Hmmm, I didn't read it on the intraweb... I believe I read it in the paper AND heard it on CBC.
Page 1 of 3