im very unfamiliar with the world of tube amps... and am looking to get a nice tube amp for my brand new american standard strat!
the most important thing is probably a clean bluesy sound, and i would like some nice sounding overdrive/distortion as well
soo i play rock/classic rock/blues/alternative stuff. i really like to play hendrix.
my current amp is a roland cube 30x (which i do like, but its really different from a tube)
fender american standard strat
budget is i guess up to $800. i would prefer to go less though. this may be used for gigging as well as practice.

thanks!
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Look into Fender Blues Jr. I personally like the NOS Tweed one with the Jansen speaker. Also Traynor YCV20 is a great amp or Peavey Classic 30 which you could easily gig with.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
get a fender twin reverb if you dont mind getting a used or vintage one makes a strat sound like it should .
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Last edited by king~olievo at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by king~olievo
get a fender twin reverb if you dont mind getting a used or vintage one makes a strat sound like it should .

does that mean that they don't make that anymore? or would i have to go used to fit my price range?
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Used Twin Reverb. Fender Blues Jr, Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Fender Blues Reissue. Check those.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by RR787
Used Twin Reverb. Fender Blues Jr, Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Fender Blues Reissue. Check those.
De's guys got ya goin' the right way....probably a short blog.
Guitar & Bass
no they make reissues of the blackface, but you could get a vintage 70s silverface. the silver face has a master volume as where blackfaces dont . by the way they are 100w at least, some silverfaces are 135w there is a pic of a silverface in my profile. it would have to be vintage silverface or used blackface re issue. both great amps
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
thanks everyone. i will definitely make a trip to guitar center to try some of these out.
ohhh and king olievo, you do realize haloween was over a month ago
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by ldzppln81
thanks everyone. i will definitely make a trip to guitar center to try some of these out.
ohhh and king olievo, you do realize haloween was over a month ago

keepin the spirit alive
Quote by Hypnotisation

Quote by Jericho114
Traynor YCV50 Custom Blue?

I have a MIA Strat as well, and I ended up getting a lot of good cleans/blues tones, very good classic rock, and for alternative I am sure it could handle it fine, but I can't say for sure, since I don't really play that sort of music.
sounds like a traynor or fender tube is perfect for your situation
fenders are probably better for a glassy, clean tone (american voiced)
while a traynor will sound more marshall-like with a nice cruch (though my ycv20 has superb cleans too)
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
... lots of Fender fans here it seems - I'd recommend the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe ... you can get one for less than $800 easy. I grew up in the 80s ... those bands had distortion but today's bands have insane distortion sometimes! This Fender Hot Rod is gonna be more like a warm hard rockin fist to the chest (it's loud) but it isn't going to have anything like insane metal sound ... which is why I recommend it to you, since you said you wanted something more bluesy sounding.

A 2x12 VOX will set you back more than a grand ... I think you should go listen to some amps but it's hard to tell in the store (for me at least).

Good luck -
Guitar: |
Amp:
Pedals: | MXR Stereo Chorus |