Poll: which would be the best pedal for metal?
Poll Options
View poll results: which would be the best pedal for metal?
ibanez ts9 tube screamer
7 64%
maxon 0d808
3 27%
mxr csp-021 GT-od
0 0%
mxr m-109 6 band EQ
1 9%
Voters: 11.
idk if this goes here or in gear and accessories, but w/e

ok so im thinking about getting a pedal to "clean" up my lead tones. i play metal

recommendations please
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Use a wah and leave it open...

I use a Dunlop Original Crybaby, but I would also really highly recommend the Morley Mark Tremonti wah which has an extra knob for lead boosts. The only downside to the Morley (or upside) is that it's activated as soon as you put your foot on it, so you can't just press it down then leave it, you have to keep your foot on it.
Quote by jag1393
Boss Metal Zone MT-2. Great for metal!!

Nooope.

How about an EQ? It'll clean up all sounds. Plus, you can get some that control gain levels and master/presence I think. I know the MXR Tend Band EQ does, at least.

But yeah, an OD, like a Tubescreamer will work.
would it be ok to use an OD pedal with the OD from my amp?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
would it be ok to use an OD pedal with the OD from my amp?

the B52 AT 112 is a tube amp right?

if so, yes, it will pwn.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Stereoaxis
Use a wah and leave it open...

I use a Dunlop Original Crybaby, but I would also really highly recommend the Morley Mark Tremonti wah which has an extra knob for lead boosts. The only downside to the Morley (or upside) is that it's activated as soon as you put your foot on it, so you can't just press it down then leave it, you have to keep your foot on it.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? I can imagine it would be for some people, but what if you're like me and pretty much only use wahs for your solos, would it not actually be an advantage that I can use the boost+wah to get over my band for a solo?

And does the boost have good tone/is the wah true bypass?
so far it seems like the suggestions are a tubescreamer and a wah. i dont really think i want a wah

is the tubescreamer ibanez? and what are some good EQ pedals and some good OD/distortion pedals that would fit well with a tube amp?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by MatReeves
adding a little delay works great for leads boots it abit and gives it a great atmospheric tone

Not if the goal is to clean up the tone and make it clearer. I personally think that an OD or EQ used judiciously to add some definition would help a lot - unless the gain is already dimed, in which case you need to turn down the gain to clean things up.
no
im thinking either a maxon od808 or that EQ pedal dimebag raved about, i cant remember what its called

btw bucky, my gain is at like 8.5 or 9
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
i added a poll to get better results
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112