Right now here's my setup:

MIM Tele > Livewire 21 ft cable > Fulltone OCD > Livewire 1.5 ft cable > Tiny Terror.

With an OCD and an Orange amp, you'd think I get pretty good tone, but I hear occasional clipping and shorting and fuzz (the bad kind). I know it's my cables, because it gets worse when I twist them and it goes away when I stop moving. So, with livewire's lifetime warrant on cables, I switched them for new ones, but it still comes back every once in a while. I think it's just that livewire sucks.

What do you recommend? I don't like coiled cables because they pull my ocd around. Would Monster be a good choice? Mogami? I need at least one end to be angled. And I'm also replacing the 1.5 ft cable. My price range is around $50 for the big one (probably around 25 ft), and anything under $40 for the small one (1.5 ft), and I would like a lifetime warranty on both. As of now, I'm going with these two cables unless anyone can change my mind for something better:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Monster-Cable-Monster-Rock-1-4--Straight---Angled-Instrument-Cable-331652-i1128580.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Monster-Cable-Rock-Instrument-Cable-Angled-Angled-331651-i1128577.gc

Thanks
Oh, I didn't even think about fulltone cables..
This:
GS15-AS Cable (15 foot angle to straight) looks good. It's a shame that 15 ft are the largest they come, but I guess that's probably long enough. Do you think the 12 inch pedal interconnect cable is long enough to reach from the ground (OCD) to my tiny terror on top of my 1x12 cab? The 1.5 ft livewire cable i'm using for that right now doesn't seem to have a lot of room.
No, you probably need a two footer. I'd probably just replace the long cable since it's most likely causing most of the problems.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
That's what I was thinking, but someone else told me that if you use even one bad cable it will bring the rest of them down
Yeah, but livewires really aren't that bad. I've compared the ones I have to a monster rock cable I have (not monster's best, but still more expensive than the livewire) and the live wire sounds about the same. With the shorter ones there's almost no difference at all. Replace the long one and if you think there's still a problem then ditch the short one too.

No problem, sometimes it just takes a second person thinking to sort things out.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
ha, even though that was directed at kevin, i guess i can get part of that, since i mentioned it first......

You helped, I never knew Fulltone made cables.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
ha, even though that was directed at kevin, i guess i can get part of that, since i mentioned it first......

haha of course. that cheers was directed at both of you
Thanks, I wouldn't have even thought of fulltone
Is there a reason you choose not to do like 2x 12' or 15' cables? Then the signal could run a short distance, hit your pedal which boosts it and finish strong at the amp...
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."