So I've been looking for a pedal to go into my EVJ. I play a lot of Radiohead, Muse, and other things with some overdrive but not b00tal metal distortion. A while ago I had someone recommend me the Marshall Jackhammer as a nice pedal that could be similar the the one Radiohead's guitarist uses (a Marshall Shredmaster). My question is, does anyone have an opinion on the Jackhammer or a suggestion for another pedal capable of the sound I'm looking for. I guess the main thing I really want is versatility.

Thanks

Edit: O, sorry, preferable not too far above 100 bucks
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Dec 2, 2008,
Fulltone GT500 seems pretty versatile, my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 is very versatile, though the gain stops right at hard rock. Catlin bread silverkiss looks good from the demos. Maybe a big muff for fuzzier muse stuff and a tubescreamer or copy for other stuff.

It would really help to have a budget to narrow things down.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the jackhammer is a great pedal for the money, its not all that great, but its alright.

A digitech bad monkey with a danelectro Fish N CHips would be a good combo, and better than a jackhammer.

EDIT: i really didnt like the GT500, it gets confusing and buzzy, i gave a good 45 minutes and wasnt all that impressed.

Now Zvex thats a diffrent story.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Dec 1, 2008,
i think you might like the new vox sachurator....ive played it and it really is a great sounding box...and this is coming from the guy who has sworn to NEVER use stop boxes...
Quote by Highwaytohell
What is your current setup?

Valve Jr.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the digitech grunge pedal is pretty descent i had 1 and i moveed and it was left behind

theyre like 50 bucks i think and they sound awesome but im into nirvana and alice in chains and that kinda **** and theyre way diffrent then radiohead but try it you might like it
oh and i have a jagmaster thats friggin sweet and for xmas i wants a squier duo sonic or duo vibe its like a mustang but like not as expensive and its like a cool desert sand color
Fulldrive's and GT500's aren't what I'd get - I'd look into something more fuzzy.

A ProCo Rat or Big Muff would get you way closer than either of those fulltone pedals.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
so the consensus would be what list of pedals to try?
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
I'm gonna throw out a Visual Sound Jekell and Hyde
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I've pretty much decided on the Wampler Plextortion and skreddy topfuel together to give me a good range. Wampler also makes a pinnacle. that sounds decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1c5qDi7RQ

edit: sorry missed the not over $100 part.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Dec 3, 2008,