i was wondering....are you allowed to bring your own guitars to guitar center to try out on certain amps? or like, can i bring capo to try on some guitars? just wondering.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
You could probably just bring a capo in your pocket, I don't know about guitars though.
i have no idea

pretty much theyll tackle when you you try to walk out...

i think thats why they let you pretty much manhandle all their guitars on display
"the end has no end"
i don't know about GC, but all of the local shops here let you do that, it's pretty much standard practice. GC is kinda weird though so I don't know.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I think you have to bring it to the front desk so they can see the serial number on the guitar so they know you aren't stealing it.

Thats just what I heard, I don't know.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Gargantuan
I think you have to bring it to the front desk so they can see the serial number on the guitar so they know you aren't stealing it.

That would be reasonable.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yes, i've done this and i've also brought pedals. they write down serial numbers then check em when you leave
yea you can bring your stuff in there, the dude at the front will check you in an ask what your gonna do with it
Quote by Gargantuan

yeah that's correct. they do repairs for guitar as well, so you hafta be able to bring it in, you just have to check it at the door, and you can mess around on amps and the like.
On a scale of one to awesome...
I'm the sh!t.

Quote by mr.cheese..
GYMCLASSHERO!!!!! THANK YOU FOR LIBERATING MY TESTACLES AND PENIS!!! (at least on the weekends)!!!
thats good to know

cept at my guitar center

they dont offer you help for squat =/
"the end has no end"
I took my old squire to Sam Ash, and all they did was check out the serial number, and let me be on my merry way. =) Surely GC is the same ****.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
idk, but ive been the chain stores before in canada, and most do, if you walk in with a case that is all banged up and a guitar that doesnt look BRAND SPANKIN NEW then they will know better. there is someone bound in the store to set you up and keep track of you. just dont randomly walk in there and play a amp and then plug your guitar in and expect to make a clean get a way with your own guitar.
they're strict about their stuff, might think you're stealing. I bought a wah pedal from there, then a seperate purchase a bit later i got 2 guitar stands and never got the receipt for the stands. When i was leaving they looked for about 20 minutes for a copy of the receipt for $10 of stands. They'd probably only let you bring something if you somehow showed them coming in and they marked it in some way to know it wasn't theres.
Quote by jedichewy
thats good to know

cept at my guitar center

they dont offer you help for squat =/

Thank God, Allah, or whatever the hell you believe in for this.

At my GC, they refuse to leave you alone. Here's and example of when I went there 2 weeks ago:

Me: *walks over to a demo thing*

GC guy: *walks up* Need some help?

Me: Nah, just looking, thanks.

GC guy: A'ight.

Me: *is done with demo thing and moves over to a guitar*

GC Guy: *runs over* Need some help?

Me: No. I'm alright, thanks.

Lather, rinse and repeat about 5 times.

It's okay that they're there to help, I have no problem with that.

There is such a thing as being too nice.

Sorry for that rant.

Anyway, TS, They'll just check the serial number. Nothing to worry about unless you act suspicious.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~