I just bought a pair of white converses with an idea in mind: dying them. i thought it could be done, considering that they're canvas and all. I want to make it really trippy and look like it was painted with fluorescent paint, sort of like a '60s hippy van painted in Day-Glo.

My question is: would any of you know what or where to get proper dyes, how to apply them, and what and how to make a proper psychedelic design on it? Please some one help me!!!!!

I don't know where to get the dyes, or what kind to get, but...

Get Orange, Purple, Yellow, and Lime Green, and just kinda mash it around on there with your fingers. AFTER taping up all the parts you don't want painted. Then spray on a gloss/clearcoat finish, although I'm not sure what would work on that part either.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
I don't know where to get the dyes, or what kind to get, but...

Get Orange, Purple, Yellow, and Lime Green, and just kinda mash it around on there with your fingers. AFTER taping up all the parts you don't want painted. Then spray on a gloss/clearcoat finish, although I'm not sure what would work on that part either.

thanks. what are all the colors i could possibly use (assuming i find out what kind of dye or paint to use)

would clearcoat work on canvas???

AC Moore would probably be a good place to look...

And pics when done please
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I tried to dye a pair of red Chucks black once. They turned out a really cool maroon color, so as Bob Ross would say, it was a happy accident.

Anyway, you can get Rit Dye, which is what I used, at Wal-mart. I think it's by all the laundry stuff, like detergent and dryer sheets. I don't really know how you'd do multiple colors, but here's the website http://www.ritdye.com/home.lasso might find something there.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
inb4EddieVanHalen

Er, this girl at school painted chucks up. I don't know the specifics though but they looked good.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
I think I found what I need! http://www.acmoore.com/p-61383-tulip-dimensional-fabric-paint-10-58-oz-bottlespkg-neon-glow.aspx

I'm hoping that will do the trick! Now I just gotta buy it and paint. Any ideas on the design to paint on there? btw thanks for the guy who suggested ac moore, without that i would have never found this stuff. And yes, pics will be provided when I'm done.

Stick with something simple, like a peace sign.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Last edited by SoWrongItsMatt at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Stick with something simple, like a peace sign.

I was aiming for something more like this:

...Too bad I can't draw/paint

Why doesn't anyone see that "trippy" stuff wasn't even cool when it was cool.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by SonataFanica
Why doesn't anyone see that "trippy" stuff wasn't even cool when it was cool.

Don't care, I think it's pretty

youj coulda got the neon green ones lol
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.