So, I'm playing in 3 bands right now: A Death Metal Band, A Goth band, and a Hard Rock band. My main amp is a Carvin X100B with a Marshall 4x12 cab. My axes are various, check the profile for a good listing. I need an amp for practices that will get over my drummers, and the rhythm guitarists' amps, but won't feedback like a bitch, and are certainly easier to carry up 3 flights of steps at each band's house! Any help appreciated in advance!

EDIT: Budget is unlimited, tube is a MUST!!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
What's your budget? But from what it sounds maybe a 30-50ish watt combo, if you're not gigging with it.
Quote by tigerking615
What's your budget? But from what it sounds maybe a 30-50ish watt combo, if you're not gigging with it.

Sorry mate, you were in before the edit. budget unlimited but must be tube!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
1. Buy 2x12 cab.

2. Plug x100b into it.

3. ??????????

4. Profit.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by MatrixClaw
1. Buy 2x12 cab.

2. Place x100b on top of it.

3. Profit.

Where is the ????????

step 4. should profit, and 3 should be the ??????

but this is a good idea, even a 1x12 could do it...
Quote by vinyl_countdown
Where is the ????????

step 4. should profit, and 3 should be the ??????

but this is a good idea, even a 1x12 could do it...

Good point!!! Edited it in!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Valveking maybe
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Dr. Z make nice amps, but not the sound he's looking for, plus it costs more than his x100b, I'm guessing he doesn't want to spend that much
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^maybe so

I've seen some pretty heavy clips of it and I figured with it's clean ability he could get the rest of his metal with a pedal + it has a small form factor for mobility and he had an unlimited budget

*but yeah, i was kinda messin around*
Not many tube practise amps that can do metal. Maybe Randall rg50tc. But some wouldn't consider it as a practise amp If tubes wouldn't be necessary I would recommend something like a flextone.
Also you can buy a couple of 1x12 or 2x12 cabs and put them at each band's house. Then you can just carry the head.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Well you're not really going to find a good practice amp that does Metal all that well. A great deal of the Metal sound comes from having a 4x12 cab.

That said, I think you do have a couple options.

As someone else said you could simply get a 2x12 cab and plug it into your x100b, or a 1x12 for that matter.

Beyond that Mesas got some good 1x12 combo amps that are pretty nice, and would get a great Hard Rock sound and a passable Metal tone.

Anyway, look into either the Mark IV, The Express or the F50, I'm pretty certain they all come in 1x12 combos, although the Mark IV and the F50 might be a little tough to find. The express is more Blues to Hard Rock, but I've heard some pretty nice Metal tones out of them too, not authentic, but certainly passable, especially for practicing.