Page 1 of 2
"Smoking a hookah is nothing like smoking a cigarette...cigarettes are for nervous people, competitive people, people on the run...when you smoke a hookah, you have time to think. It teaches you patience and tolerance, and gives you an appreciation of good company."

I have no idea who said that quote, but it absolutely describes the attitude behind hookah smoking. I've had great times with my friends sitting around our stout little red hookah. Its not about getting high, tending an addiction, or looking cool.

Anyone else enjoy good shisha and good company?
I like it a little bit, if I smoke too much it makes me feel sick. I remember I lit up the hookah and there was a big group for a while, then they gradually started going inside to the party until I was alone. I didn't want to waste it. Made me feel sick
Quote by st.stephen
I'm supposed to tell you that a hookah smoking caterpillar gave me the call.

Wherever you go the people all complain...
It's nice and relaxing. I'm too image conscious though, and feel lame on the rare occasions I smoke it as every college douche thinks it's the sweet **** because he has a hookah.

I just don' t advertise that it's something I occasionally enjoy.
I love my hookah. It's so chill just to sit around and puff and blow rings and do tricks and stuff. I don't know if it's taught me patience, but it's taught me smoke rings pretty well!
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Wherever you go the people all complain...

Yeah, I have a tendency to incite riots

yes I know it was a reference to my name
Quote by Turd_Ferguson
I love my hookah. It's so chill just to sit around and puff and blow rings and do tricks and stuff. I don't know if it's taught me patience, but it's taught me smoke rings pretty well!

Hah I'm still working on rings, mine are kind of wobbly sometimes.

Its taught me patience by the fact that it takes a few minutes to even set it up and then an hour to smoke the bowl. Compared to cigarettes, or even weed, that's a significant chunk of time one must devote.
Mmm, yeah; I loves me some hookers.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
I love hookah. Though i cant keep one at home so i can do it only like twice a week.
Probably get one once im out of my house.
try 3/4th mint and 1/4 apple or watermelon...

AMAZING... although watermelon alone tastes like ****.
Quote by spooner1957
its acutally more dangerous than cigarettes so beware

dumbass
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
i think strawberry is good, mango is really light but pretty good. apple is ok. i want to try that mint next time i go home or to the hookah bar
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by spooner1957
its acutally more dangerous than cigarettes so beware

actually it isn't, it has like half the tar and nicotine.

I have a hookah, they are quite nice, especially when loaded with an equal mixture of tobacco and Nepalese hash.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Hookahs are badass, when I was in Turkey, I went to a "bar" where a bunch of old Turks were sitting around smoking hookahs, and smoked one too. It was awesome, tastes good too.

I bet it would be killer to smoke hash from a hookah.
Hookahs are sweet but you can only legally smoke them outdoors here, and its balls cold this time of year. So our hookah sits unused for now.

And hookah is worse for you than cigarettes. It has less of the bad stuff in it, but you inhale a waaay bigger volume of smoke.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
No I haven't actually, but on my 18th birthday(or hell, whenever I can get one of my 18+ friends to help me out) I'm going to buy myself a hookah and a nice fat sack, and lay back with a few friends. **** yeah
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by Spaceman_Spiff

And hookah is worse for you than cigarettes. It has less of the bad stuff in it, but you inhale a waaay bigger volume of smoke.

that depends on the individuals smoking habits. If I where to chain smoke for the length of time I usually smoke a hookah (and I know several people who do this) you'd probably get more smoke from the cigarettes.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
actually it isn't, it has like half the tar and nicotine.

I have a hookah, they are quite nice, especially when loaded with an equal mixture of tobacco and Nepalese hash.

they are. they're unfiltered and you keep it in your mouth longer. it's like a cigar except lasts even longer than a cigar. maybe you're buyin a special low brand but that doens't mean its better. its about smokin a pack of cigarettes if you finish the whole hookah
Quote by spooner1957
they are. they're unfiltered and you keep it in your mouth longer. it's like a cigar except lasts even longer than a cigar. maybe you're buyin a special low brand but that doens't mean its better. its about smokin a pack of cigarettes if you finish the whole hookah

that's what the water is for...

and like I said, the other things you listed depend on the individuals smoking habits, it's nowhere near a full pack of cigarettes though.

Last.fm
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
Hookahs are sweet but you can only legally smoke them outdoors here, and its balls cold this time of year. So our hookah sits unused for now.

They are waaay safer actually. It has less tar and nicotine, and you may inhale it a ton more, but the only danger in that is burning lung tissue, so when smoke is filtered through the water it cools it, which is why you can inhale it more, so I'm fairly certain it's the safest way to smoke... tobacco that is
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by spooner1957
http://www.tobaccoteds.com/news_14-Jun-2006.html

just one of the many of articles out there tellin you how bad it is. im not sayin give it up completely. im just making sure you know what you're doing. and dont say it's not as bad as cigarettes till you read the studies

never said it was safe, just that it wasn't any more dangerous. Another issue is that in a lot of studies they burn the tobacco with an open flame instead of roasting it, which pretty much invalidates the study.

Last.fm
Quote by TobaccoTeds.com

The WHO has this to say about hookah: "Using a water pipe is not a safe alternative to cigarette smoking. A typical one-hour water pipe smoking session involves inhaling 100 to 200 times the volume of smoke inhaled with a single cigarette. Even after it has been passed through water, the smoke produced by a water pipe contains high levels of toxic components, including carbon monoxide, heavy metals, and cancer-causing chemicals."

So heavy metal is bad for you?
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by MisterChainsaw
I like the apple flavor.
No one else seems to though.

double apple, in fact. I think its the only flavour worth smoking.

Then again, chilling with arabs most of the time, my white ass would get laughed at if I suggested mocha flavoured or something like that :P
Where do you get these from? Where I live you can't even see cigarettes behind shop counters. Ontario smoking bi law sucks
fruit rollup ftw.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Seeing as 1 or 2 good, hearty drags from a hookah contain about as much volume of smoke (and the same amount of tar) as an entire cigarette can produce, and that the water doesn't do much to remove tar or nicotine, all it does is cool the smoke, I'd say smoking hookah is pretty bad for you.

But one must also take into account that smoking hookah is a weekly or even monthly thing for most users, and that the smoke generally just sits in the mouth and upper throat and not a whole lot enters the lungs.

Quote by Putrefaction
No I haven't actually, but on my 18th birthday(or hell, whenever I can get one of my 18+ friends to help me out) I'm going to buy myself a hookah and a nice fat sack, and lay back with a few friends. **** yeah

Dude don't smoke weed out of a hookah, that's just retarded. It tastes like ****, and half your weed gets wasted anyway.

Quote by redflag69
double apple, in fact. I think its the only flavour worth smoking.

I dunno dude, I've had some pretty excellent melon and mango flavored shisha. Double apple is pretty decent, though.

Cant say I'm too big a fan of watermelon, however. We just bought a box of it and... meh.
Hookah: Marijuana for pussies. :P

I kid I kid, hookah isn't bad. I too just enjoy doing it with a group of people to relax. Weed is better though.
hookahs are my favorite. props!
Quote by armon77
im american but i think canada would win. they would probably lay low until everyone took each other out and then finish the last one standing off in one fell swoop. sneaky bastards.
Hahaha **** yea dude nothing beats a good hookah, I remember my buddies and I got one and named it Unas, after that Nile song hahaha. But yea dude its like the awesome hit of a water bong but it doesnt burn your weed up insanely fast either.
Damn straight. I'm gonna get mine from home, invest in some coals from rusholme and a bag of weed, and just chill
Quote by apollo minor
Hookah: Marijuana for pussies. :P

I kid I kid, hookah isn't bad. I too just enjoy doing it with a group of people to relax. Weed is better though.

I like pot too. Smoking weed has many of the same qualities that a hookah session has. It brings people together for a period of time and you all communally smoke something that (usually) tastes pretty good. But as much as I enjoy that all that, I ultimately smoke pot to get high. Hookah, on the other hand, has no ulterior motive.

What I don't understand is why anyone would mix the two... Its so wasteful, the coal burns up the weed so fast and destroys its taste. Totally inefficient.
Last edited by NorseGodofRock at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by MisterChainsaw
I like the apple flavor.
No one else seems to though.

Hell yeah, apple flavour FTW!

Quote by Spaceman_Spiff

Dude, which country's law forbids the usage of a hookah indoors??
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Last edited by Eruption1991 at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by Eruption1991

Dude, which country's law forbids the usage of a hookah indoors??

Lots of college campuses forbid any sort of smoking indoors, I'd guess he's in college.
Page 1 of 2