Hi,

Are dimarzio pickups generally noisier than, say, seymour duncans [eg, SH-11].

I'm just wondering if I should shield my guitar or not. BTW anyone know a good help site on how to shield guitar?

Henry
My Evo is completely silent, even with lots of gain and next to my computer. My Breed is just a touch noisier, but still very quiet. Here's a good shielding tutorial too http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php
I have a Tone Zone, Cruiser Neck, and Air Norton S in my Yamaha, and they're great. I haven't run into any noise issues whatsoever.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Quote by sharkbait08
I have a Tone Zone, Cruiser Neck, and Air Norton S in my Yamaha, and they're great. I haven't run into any noise issues whatsoever.

Sweet now I'm happy!
Some of their humbuckers might be noiser than others because of their patented dual resonance design where the coils are intentionally mismatched and tuned to different resonant frequencies. In practice, this means that the hotter coil picks up more hum than the cooler one can buck, but I presume this is only evident under unholy amounts of gain, YMMV.

[edit] Tone zone is a dual resonance pickup as far as I know.
Quote by which ones pink
My Evo is completely silent, even with lots of gain and next to my computer. My Breed is just a touch noisier, but still very quiet. Here's a good shielding tutorial too http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

Thanx for that. I am also having trouble with noise on my Ibanez Rg 7321 and i have temporarily solved it with a piece of cord from the bridge to the input jack. But does anyone having any tips how to solve to noise problem. Should i change the
ground cable or what !?
Guitars and basses:

Fender Blacktop Telecaster|Epiphone Junior SG|Ibanez Lawsuit Strat|anelectro '63|Eagle tele w/ P-90s|Duke LP-copy|Cort B2A bass|Ibanez AW-40TCS
I have a ton of different Dimarzios and never had any noise problems
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah