Righto, anyone got funny stories about a job they started and it was that bad that you lasted only a month, a week, a day, an hour...?

I worked at an abotoirs while at school which was okay until one day they sent me down to the gutting room and i snuck out and never turned up again haha...

also i started a job and didnt realise i was one of them scamming sales reps at a mall... i quit after one terrible day!
I've had 2 jobs, one lasted 1 year 9 months, and the other 2 years 5 months and counting...
I got fired from my last job after one day. I worked at an abortion clinic. They found aborted babies in my backpack as I was leaving my first day. I guess wanting to take them home and research them was against the rules.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
i never left a job short term but my first job i had for 3 years part time after school and uni was crap and there was a big football game on, so i walked out to watch it in the pub next door.

My other jobs have been 5 years and 3 respectively. I had an office job and one day after 5 years i was like IM DONE I WANT TO GO!. So i arranged unpaid holidays-left after 3 days notice and said i would go on study leave for 1 year and never went back,
I just work summers and this past summer some guy came in (we were understaffed at the time) and took a sick day the second day he came in. He basically did nothing but take personal calls and manage the fax servers (about 7 minutes of work to do out of an 8 hour work day).

He got canned after about a week and a half.
I got a job that I didn't want out of desperation, and then found out before I started that I could probably get a better one.

I went to start there, found it was as bad as I expected, quit that day and proceeded to get hired at the other place on the same day.
I used to have a job for about 3 years, then I quit because I was bored, now I'm at my new job of four weeks.

The shortest job though is sperm donor, depending on how good you are.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
i worked at KFC for a while and they wouldnt give me a day off for a party i wanted to go to, so me and my mate who worked there had a case of bourbons in the cool room and got blind at work!!!! hahaha that was fun! they found the empty box in there like a week laater but never found out who it was
Quote by hayz_182
i worked at KFC for a while and they wouldnt give me a day off for a party i wanted to go to, so me and my mate who worked there had a case of bourbons in the cool room and got blind at work!!!! hahaha that was fun! they found the empty box in there like a week laater but never found out who it was

Back at the place I used to work, it was a buffet, mind you, the dish washers in the back would bring booze in every Saturday before and during their break. It was so funny.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Merdesa
I knew a kid who was a kamikaze bomber, that didn't last too long.

seen that fam guy episode where he's like "he called in sick for a suicide bombing, he brought a note from his doctor" lol!!!?
i worked at a car wash in my area for 4 hours...it was winter and i was soaking wet and the shifts were 12-14 hours...it sucked...he told me to go on lunch break and i got in my truck and drove away right in front of everyone...

the best part was, i came back a week later and demanded the money i worked the 4 hours for.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
well the people that worked at starbucks in my town make mudslides after hours and didn't clean up and my brother had just recently quit the manager job there......lots of people got fired haha
Technically I got hired at a landscaping business but never went in. Owned.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by ACG

winrar.

Once, I hired someone to come out and fix my gate, fucking bastard never showed.
Follow me on Twitter
I've only had two jobs.

One involved sitting in a park all day which was quite lovely as I could shoot hoops and take naps and I listened to music and drank slushies and read the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" but it paid an illegal amount of money per hour (I never figured out how the village got away with that) and it got tedious being forced to spend eight hours in a deserted park all day thus proving that once anything becomes a wage laboring activity done on someone else's time it becomes tedious and lame no matter how pleasant it would be normally.

Now I work in a nursing home where I hang out with old people with various forms of dementia and make beds and watch TV all day and my boss goes home hours before I even get to work so I can pretty much take a day off whenever. It's awesome.

I went on vacation for 10 days without notifying anyone and I still had my job when I gt back.
I once, somehow, managed to get a second job at Hollister, I worked there for a grand total of 20 minutes.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I quit a job working at a health unit during the training because it was against my morals.
I would have had to be part of an anti-smoking campaign, which would have been just plain hypocritical, and for extra money they wanted me to go around to variety stores with a fucking pig and try to buy smokes without an id so that the cop could bust them.
i worked at the zoo here for a while hiring out the golf buggys and bikes to people!!! during the off season it was quiet as so i would bring my acoustic and football(soccer ball) to work... till i cracked the window of a car and they complained then the boss came down and seen i had my guitar there as well and yer... its safe to say i got fired!
Quote by tona_107
I quit a job working at a health unit during the training because it was against my morals.
I would have had to be part of an anti-smoking campaign, which would have been just plain hypocritical, and for extra money they wanted me to go around to variety stores with a fucking pig and try to buy smokes without an id so that the cop could bust them.

that's borderline illegal in most places.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by brandon369852
winrar.

Once, I hired someone to come out and fix my gate, fucking bastard never showed.

My bad, dude. I REALLY needed to see that episode of Wifeswap.
Quote by ACG

I got hired at a hospital and they fired me before I ever set foot in the place.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by SRX700
I got hired at a hospital and they fired me before I ever set foot in the place.

Pfffft, bitch, I didn't get fired, I QUIT!

Quote by Merdesa
I knew a kid who was a kamikaze bomber, that didn't last too long.

sorry but I found this funny!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
My very first day as a Papa John's delivery guy I was fired for dumping marinara sauce on the manager and knocking him out.

He actually did deserve it, however I've already told the story, and as it's rather long, we'll leave it at that.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader
My very first day as a Papa John's delivery guy I was fired for dumping marinara sauce on the manager and knocking him out.

He actually did deserve it, however I've already told the story, and as it's rather long, we'll leave it at that.

Im very much interested, since I work at hungry howies as a delivery guy.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that's borderline illegal in most places.

yeah, fuckin entraptment.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I've only had two jobs.

One involved sitting in a park all day which was quite lovely as I could shoot hoops and take naps and I listened to music and drank slushies and read the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" but it paid an illegal amount of money per hour (I never figured out how the village got away with that) and it got tedious being forced to spend eight hours in a deserted park all day thus proving that once anything becomes a wage laboring activity done on someone else's time it becomes tedious and lame no matter how pleasant it would be normally.

Now I work in a nursing home where I hang out with old people with various forms of dementia and make beds and watch TV all day and my boss goes home hours before I even get to work so I can pretty much take a day off whenever. It's awesome.

I went on vacation for 10 days without notifying anyone and I still had my job when I gt back.

Sounds like something Mark Twain would say
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by hayz_182
I worked at an abotoirs while at school which was okay until one day they sent me down to the gutting room and i snuck out and never turned up again haha...

It's a sign you didn't last very long if you have no idea how to spell it.
My buddy had a job that lasted about 15 minutes, slaugher house, he stuck chickens on spikes in a meat locker so they could cool down and stuff for gutting, he hung his first chicken, and it crapped right in his face..
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Some guy hired me to fix a gate and I didn't show up, I was too busy posting on UG
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
A Midget Gym Trainer.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join