So i really like double cheeseburgers. its not for the burger i like the onions and pickles etc. how do you sautee the onions so they taste like mcdonalds ones..quite bitter and sweet?

I live 15 miles from McDs hence the desparation.
I heard they're taking the double cheeseburger off the dollar menu.

Also, I hate onions, and always order mine without them.

Good luck to you sir.
Quote by KwikKopy
I heard they're taking the double cheeseburger off the dollar menu.

Also, I hate onions, and always order mine without them.

Good luck to you sir.

they already did at the one i work at. you can still get one for a dollar but it will only have one piece of cheese.
Quote by schecter_guy
they already did at the one i work at. you can still get one for a dollar but it will only have one piece of cheese.

That sounds dumb. Was it really too costly to leave it on there? How much is a Double Cheeseburger with 2 slices, an extra 19 cents?
Quote by schecter_guy
i work at mcdonalds. the onions we use are dehydrated so all we do to them is add water. they are pretty frickin good though.

i thought they had vinegar in them? or is that the pickles? so are they dry onion?
They aren't sauteed, they're just finely chopped and have ketchup added.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by KwikKopy
That sounds dumb. Was it really too costly to leave it on there? How much is a Double Cheeseburger with 2 slices, an extra 19 cents?

lol actually i think it's 29 cents
My god I love dehydrated onion flakes, sometimes I eat them dry out of the container.

I agree, TS, that's the best part of McD's sandwhiches.

sometimes I rehydrate them with things other than water, to get different flavors--good beer, vinegar, etc.
I work there.
the onions are dehydrated and are they fine pieces originally in a packet.
we add water and leave it over night.

volia, we have onions.
Quote by Mezzo4te
how do you sautee the onions so they taste like mcdonalds ones..quite bitter and sweet?

cmon man, that is freaking raw onion, you don't do anything to it, especially at a place like mcdonalds. i could see them being originally dry though, like someone else posted.

papa burgers ftw, although i've tried them with cheese and it wasn't as good.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
My god I love dehydrated onion flakes, sometimes I eat them dry out of the container.

I agree, TS, that's the best part of McD's sandwhiches.

sometimes I rehydrate them with things other than water, to get different flavors--good beer, vinegar, etc.

cool so they are called onion flakes? ill try and get them. i cant get sliced pickles tho they always come as full big things..so they taste different when you slice them. not soft
Quote by Mezzo4te
i cant get sliced pickles tho they always come as full big things..so they taste different when you slice them. not soft

haha
Quote by Mezzo4te
cool so they are called onion flakes? ill try and get them. i cant get sliced pickles tho they always come as full big things..so they taste different when you slice them. not soft

The package they come in just says Dehydrated Onions.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
You actually want McDonald's? That crap makes me feel so sick that I consider filing a lawsuit and pretending that eating there wasn't my choice to begin with and that it therefore isn't my fault I'm feeling sick.
Quote by madbasslover
You actually want McDonald's? That crap makes me feel so sick that I consider filing a lawsuit and pretending that eating there wasn't my choice to begin with and that it therefore isn't my fault I'm feeling sick.

Your opinion matters.
Quote by punkforlife93
Your opinion matters.

Hey, I'm not telling him he's wrong for liking McDonald's. I just get confused about why people like it. Besides, it's a discussion. What good is a discussion without opinions?