So my friend (an artist) has recently started working with vinyl, putting different designs on various things. For a class, he needs one bigger main project, so he has offered to outfit my Telecaster that I'm modding. I'm not sure what design I'll be doing, but I was curious if anyone has ever done this before, I'm looking for advice/ideas.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Well...what you're saying is you are going to have your guitar wrapped in plastic, which will suffocate the wood and kill your tone. I think.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I've seen a badass vintage guitar covered with vinyl imitation leather before, come to think of it, maybe it was on this forum.
It wouldn't change your tone that much.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
i used green..lime green vinyl on my strat copy, black + green stripes = amazing!!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
You did stripes? My friend told me he was having trouble doing stripes, because he couldn't get them to line up. How did you do it? (PS the record as a pickguard idea is sweet, I might do that someday)
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
PM Invader Jim i know that he just restored a vintage guitar covered in tolex which i am to understand is a form of vinyl. He has sound clips of it in his profile too.
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
is it bad that the first thought i had about this thread was "PROFIT!!!!!!"..?

I only think "suffocating" the wood has has any real tonal effect on acoustic guitars, you should be good to go.
------

Shwiggity.
Yeah invader jim has a guitar completely covered.

Also there's a telecaster at the House of Guitars here in Rochester thats completely covered in leather. It even sounds pretty good and is going for A LOT

Edit: Like this

Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by drewsta42
Proper application of vinyl to Telecaster is

Record as pickguard.

Thats awesome!
Yeah, as they said^.

The Hof is bare wood covered in tolex/vinyl. I'm trying to figure out how to re-attach it at the sharp curves, though. It's quite old, so the stuff is peeling off (it was in a garage for the better part of 30 years, also, so that may have something to do with it).

If you do a vinyl wrap for your guitar, make sure it'll NEVER come off or you'll be in my position about 45 years down the road.
If this guitar lasts me for 45 years, I'll be quite blown away, I paid 100 for it. For what it's worth though, it plays and sounds amazing for that price.
Quote by Invader Jim
Yeah, as they said^.

The Hof is bare wood covered in tolex/vinyl. I'm trying to figure out how to re-attach it at the sharp curves, though. It's quite old, so the stuff is peeling off (it was in a garage for the better part of 30 years, also, so that may have something to do with it).

If you do a vinyl wrap for your guitar, make sure it'll NEVER come off or you'll be in my position about 45 years down the road.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685273&highlight=hofner+vinyl
Oh, it was you, do you happen to have any recent pics, I remember reading that thread a long long time ago
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
half of them have been deleted cause you clean out your photo uploader thing every now and then

Whooo.. 1000th post