So I play bass. I've been playing for about 6 months, and I consider myself decent...still a beginner in many ways, but i'm decent.

I'm planning on getting a pedal to broaden my abilities. So should it be a wah, or a delay? I have a digitech envelope filter pedal with 7 effects, including a couple autowahs, but I really want a real wah. And I really want to experiment with a delay on a bass.

I'm looking at the Dunlop bass crybaby. And as for the delay, I'll probably just get a Boss DD-3 or DD-6. I'll eventually get both, but there's gonna be a pretty large time span where I'll only have one, and I donno what to get first.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
I would suggest delay. If you already have an autowah, use that for a while until you can get the crybaby, but for now go with the delay.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
in my oppion line 6 pod's are great, and thy now have a bass version, so yeah, chorus, delay, flanger, and more combinations than u can shake a drumstick at.
check out the Digitech hardwire pedal i think its the DL-8, there supposed to be a better offer than boss for the same money.

And plus its made in the USA, with **** goin on how it is its nice to buy a US made product for cheap just cause.

Those digitech filters are alot of fun.

There really sensitive to you pick attack work on it and try to devolop some dynamics.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Dec 2, 2008,